Chapter 7

-Thursday-

Steve pressed down on the car horn, signalling to Dustin that he was here. A few moments later Dustin came running around the corner, his hat askew.

"Hey Steve." He said, smiling and sliding into the car.

"Hey Dust-in the Wind." The older boy replied, putting the car into movement. "So, how was school?" Steve asked, trying to make light conversation.

"As good as it will ever get, really." Dustin said, raising his brows. "I tried that technique you told me."

"Really? And how did it go?" Steve said, smirking.

"I think there's just something wrong with the girls here. They don't seem to be affected. They're immune."

"Ah, I see." Steve said, running his fingers through his hair. "Anything planned for the weekend? You and the guys gonna play some quality D'n'D?"

"Actually we're going camping in Mirkwood." Dustin said. "Hey... you should come!"

"Really? You'd want me to go?" Steve asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Yeah! Hopper was reluctant to let Eleven go, but maybe he'll feel better if we have an adult with us." Dustin said, his smile growing with every word. "Please come!"

"Okay! I'll come! Stop poking me!" Steve said, relenting and laughing.

"YESS!" Dustin punched the air and grinned madly. Steve laughed at his expression and turned into Dustin's driveway.

"Bye Dustin." Steve said, unlocking the car door. Dustin hopped out and ran into his house.