13

Eli

I knew having sex with Zoe was a mistake. Being in any sort of relationship with her was a mistake. I knew it but I couldn't make myself regret something this good. Or make myself break up with her. Nor could I knock off the silly grin from my face.

I drove past a pretty little flower shop and slowed down. Angry horns came from frustrated drivers but my grin only widened as I parked at the shoulder of the road.

I got out and peeked into the shop looking for the flower that got my attention.

It was a red rose. Long, graceful and elegant. It immediately reminded me of Zoe.

I walked into the flower shop my palms a little sweaty as this was the first time I'd get something for a woman-family or otherwise. My secretary usually took care of it. And I wasn't sure if she'd like it.

"Welcome to the perk up. I'm Casey, how may I help you?" 

"Urm" I cleared my throat awkwardly "I want to buy that" I tilted my head at the Rose.

She smiled at me "sure! Just one or two?"

I scratched my head "how about a hundred of that in a vase?"

Her jaw dropped.

"Too overboard?" I asked.

She shrugged "it's perfect. Once I've put everything in a vase it's going to be really big" she grinned "she's going to get a heart attack when she sees it"

I raised my brow "that's a good thing right?"

She nodded enthusiastically "it is!" She gave me a thumbs up.

I smiled at her "Then ring it up"

She nodded and scurried to the back of the shop. Ten minutes later she came back with a glass vase and the roses in her arms.

"Are you going to take it yourself or are you going to use our delivery service?"

"I'd like to use your delivery service"

"Great!. Name of the receiver and her address please"

"She's at work right now could you send it over there?"

She grinned "That's perfect!. So name and address"

"Zoe Taylor. Steele And Co Oil Inc."

Her brows shot up to her hairline but she wisely kept mute. After writing something down she glanced up "do you want to leave a message?."

I bit my lip not sure what to write. I took the black card from her and decided to write the truth.

             Saw this and I thought of you.   
See you tonight gorgeous ;).

-Eli.

I dropped the card in the white envelope Casey gave me and handed it back to her.

"It will reach her in a few hours" she promised with a smile.

I nodded and with my heart lighter I walked out.