The Red Room

Kylo's hand swept across Rey's arm delicately— precisely— as if touching a fragile petal of a rose. Their eyes, though bloodshot and tired from war, hinted a secret that only they could see. Bound by nothing except the Force and desire, the two powerful opposites faced each other, a Lightsaber in each hand. Rey was the first to step closer, and slowly hid her weapon back into its leather holster. Ren followed suit, careful not to loose eye contact with the curious girl.

"Curious," he said while leaning forward. "You're...curious." The girl— the scavenger— continued to stare. Her shoulders trembled, both from the weight of fighting with the saber and the freelance of his touch. Her arms would be sore no doubt the next morning— hunks of red armor from the now dead patreon guards lied at her feet— but as Kylo continued to trace his finger up over her forearm, she found her muscles numbing. The sensation continued down, straight to the pit of her stomach, and then lower. It was nothing she had ever felt before. Her bottom lip instinctively puckered out as her eyes watched him carefully, making note of the small freckles under his dark eyes.

It was unfortunate that they were enemies, separated by a wall of indescribable responsibility. Rey hopelessly wondered when she would be responsible for only herself, but shook the thought away while pulling from Ren's touch. Perhaps one day, but for now they were enemies. Kylo shifted from the trance, ignoring the burning sensation that had come over him just by looking at the girl. He too knew his duty to the First Order. They were destined to kill each other one day, but neither cared. They decided, in a silent agreement, that neither of them would mind at all dying under the hand of the enemy.

***
Just a short one-shot I wrote up and decided to publish. Hope you enjoyed x