{AdamxReader} The Holiday Stranger

Decided to do an Adam Driver & Reader one shot (: I LOVED writing this one, and my ideas for this are still flowing, so I might do a continuation (pt.2) later on. Keep in mind, this story takes place only if Adam wasn't already married ;)

I have an important/fun note at the end of this chapter, so make sure you read!

Enjoy! xx

***

It was the worst time to be traveling anywhere, and yet there you were, sprinting to catch your flight.

The holiday mad rush was at its peak when you finally tripped into line at the airport, luggage toed in either hand. Mom and Dad had called relentlessly to make sure you were on time, despite you being a capable, grown adult (or at least you tried to consider yourself one). You wondered how you were ever able to find a parking spot in the chaotic traffic, though when you thought about it more, you questioned whether the space between the dumpsters you found was even legally considered a parking lane. Too late to check.

You had planned on spending your Christmas Eve alone in your apartment, sipping vodka and praying that the neighbors upstairs would stop pounding on the ceiling above you, when your parents called. Honestly, it wasn't hard to forget about the trip, or the plane ticket that was bought almost three months in advance by Dad who insisted you'd come for a visit for the holiday, but of course you could never say so to them. Instead when they had rung, you smiled behind the phone and lovingly answered as a good daughter would, "Of course I remember! I'll be there Christmas morning!"

And now, you had to pay, and paying you were.

You chewed on the end of your cigarette as a baby wailed next to you in his mother's arms, almost as irritated as yourself. The woman, who's brown hair was falling out of her pony tail, sent you a stern look. Her bloodshot eyes pierced like your own mother's would, but not nearly as terrifying.

"You can't do that in here," she said, obviously beyond the point of argument.

You glanced around the compacted area and then puffed a cloud of smoke into the air, to her great astonishment. "I don't see any sign," you responded with the stick still between your teeth. She scoffed loudly and turned back around to face the line in front of her. Unfortunately, the child was still screaming.

You were about to make a smirk comment to her about getting her kid under control when a rough tap rapped on your shoulder. Annoyed, you spun your head, already preparing to curse whoever it was who dared touch you. You bit your tongue, though, when you found a security guard in uniform looking down at you.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to throw that away, miss."

Though completely unorthodox, you looked the blonde man up and down. He was taller than you, and definitely stronger. There was no way you could take him on and hope to win. Rolling your eyes, you peeled the cigarette away from your mouth, blowing one last stream of smoke. "Fine, but you have to save my spot in line. There's no way in hell that I'm going back to the end of this herd." Then, you skipped away before he had the chance to answer, on the hunt for the nearest trash bin.

Fortunately for you, the nearest trashcan was perched right in front of the airport's Starbucks, a small line of people waiting for their mocha Frappuccino trickling to the cashier. You turned around, smirking when the security guard had confusingly listened and kept your position in the check-in line, and jumped in behind the disquieted customers. At least you could grab yourself a coffee while waiting for the flight.