The Stars Birth

She was ready, oh boy was she ready. Leta had hit forty weeks. She was hoping for maybe a little less as this whole pregnancy she was sick. She just wanted it to be over. Just wanted to have her second son in her arms. Not a care in the world but her and her baby. That was not the case. The baby had other ideas.

41 weeks now and Leta felt absolutely huge. Nathan was becoming more and more active now. He was still toddling around but was learning to be more steady and actually run now. With his new found love for running, it made it very hard for Leta to keep up. She'd tried to but had to get tons of help from her husband at this point.

"So over this." She groans, supporting her back as she tries to sit on the couch. She would watch Nathan play for a while, while she waited for Greg to get home from work.

"Play momma!" The child cries, toddling over and pulling on his mother's pants.

"I wish I could buddy, but momma can barely move." She sighs, reaching out to stroke her son's hair as he looked up at her with the most pitiful look. There was nothing she could do. If she got on the floor, there was no getting up. Plus, her husband wouldn't be home for another half hour and she was not about to sit on the floor of their small house for a half hour waiting for him. Who knows what her son would decide what he wanted to do next.