18

{Ashton}

Meri actually said yes. She said deal. I win.

Thank God it's lunch. I'm so hungry. I sat down on the "popular" table which consists of Diana, Perrie,Drew, Adam, Charlie, Alex and I.

Adam was talking about some soccer game that he went to but no one was really paying attention to him.

Charlie shouted "Andrea, no one likes you. You stupid bitch!" Everyone laughed. She ran away crying, probably to the toilets. I just sat there picking at my sandwich. I don't get why everyone's horrible to Andrea. She's alright, I guess. I don't really talk to her but we were had to be science partners. For  a massive project that took up 40% of our grade. 

{Flashback} 

"Um. Ashton. I can do the work if you want. I'll write your name on it. Don't worry." Andrea looked down, fiddling with a piece of string that was on her sweater. 

"Andrea, it's fine. I wanna help." I gently placed my hand on her shoulder. 

She flinched. Why did she flinch? 

"Andrea, are you ok?" I asked slightly worried that she would flinch. 

"I'm fine. I need to go. Meet me in the Library after-school." She stuttered before running out since the bell had gone. 

{Flashback over}

I never knew what happened to her. She's quite reserved. I feel sorry for her, everyone picks on her. She literally had one friend but she died in a car accident and ever since then she never talked to people, well she did but it's always one word answers, cried a lot and always sat at the back with her head down in a book. She rarely comes to school now. 

She was bubbly and cool. But 18th September was the day that she broke. 

"Ashton,Ashton buddy" I heard someone shake me. 

"Uh?"  I asked. 

"You were day-dreaming." Diana said. 

"Oh right, what you guys talking about?" I questioned looking around the table. 

"Oh, We're just listening to Adam's stupid jokes." 

"HEY! They aren't stupid ok! They are funny." Adam defended himself. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Perrie patted his shoulder. 

"You do." Adam cheekily said. 

"Really. Wow, So fucking cheese." Drew laughed. 

This happened most of the time. I would zone out, Adam would try and make everyone laugh with his "jokes", Perrie would say what was on everyone's mind and make Adam would make Perrie blush. They've been going out for a while now and they are adorable. 

"Ashton, isn't that Meri coming our way?" 

I stop laughed and turning my head to see her standing in a spot, glaring at me. Her hands, clenching and unclenching. I knew she was angry but why not make it worse. Push her buttons a bit. I smirked. 

That drove her up the wall, Her eyes darkened and she rushed towards me with fury in her eyes. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't America Olivia Clark?" I smirked deeper.

"How do you know my middle name?" she questioned crossing her arms.

"I know everything babe. I know what happened in London, I know about what Anna used to do. How your sister did nothing. How every morning you would beg your mum not to take you to school. But she insisted you go a proper education instead of the offer that you suggested which was online school." The whole time I smirked, looking at her dead in the eye. 

I must have hit a weak point. Yes. Might be harsh but I'm determined to get to her. To break her.

She began to tremble.

She ran towards me. The remaining distance that was between us. Shoving people out the way. My smirk grew wider.

I've won. I broke her. 

As Meri got closer her hands still clench. She seemed to be having an internual debate with herself. 

She pressed her lips on mine, she quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. Well she tried to. She's a lot shorter than me. 

I bent down and moved my lips insync with hers. I slowly closed my eyes. Enjoying the moment. 

She pulled away slowly. Appoarching my ear. 

"You want Game Ashton. May the best man win." She whispered. I could tell she was smirking. 

"Bye Ashton!" She turrned to walk off, waving slightly swaying her hips. 

The whole Lunch Room was in shock. 

Meri Clark Kissed Ashton Irwin. 

Everyone turned to their friends whispering. 

She winked at Matt and blew him a kiss. She carried on walking out of the lunch room. 

I turned to see all my friends looking at me in deep shock. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That." Drew said

"Was." Diana completed 

"Awesome" Adam finished.

"What can I say, I get the ladies." I smirked. 

"You're sucha player. Meri's a nice girl. Don't trouble her." Perrie looked upset. 

"But I actually like her." I told Perrie sitting down. 

"That's what you said about Jamie. Where's Jamie now?" Perrie asked crossing her arms, raising an eyebrow.

Silence took over the table. 

Jamie was my ex Girlfriend. I should tell you guys. But it doesn't seem right yet. 

"What was that about?" Amy stood beside me, arms crossed, frowning. 

"None of your businness. Now if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go and talk to my girlfriend Meri." I stood up and walked to where Meri sitts with Aaliyah and Derek. 

{Meri} 

"Meri! That was amazing. Good job." Aaliyah hugged me tightly. 

"I still don't think it's a good idea." Derek pouted. "He's gonna hurt you just like he does to every girl that goes out with him." 

"Derek, I'm gonna be fine. I had to put up with Jack. I think I'm gonna be fine with Ashton." 

"I just don't want him to hurt you like he did to Jamie." Derek looked down. 

"Who's Jamie?" I asked. 

Aaliyah and Derek both tensed up.

"Guys?" I questioned.