7

We carried on walking to food tech.

"Why does food tech have to be so far away from Drama. Ugh." Aaliyah whined.

"I feel ya girl, I feel ya." I nodded looking around to try and familiarise myself in such a big school.

A group of girls stood looking around glaring. But there was one girl in particular who has long brown hair about down to her waist glared at me while we passed.

"Ignore them. Those are the ones are the sluts. The one in the middle is Amy Johnson-Grey. Bitchest bitch from bitch town. Worse person you will ever encounter. Don't cross paths with her." Aaliyah warned me.

"I won't like to get on her bad side." I replied.

"You'll already on her bad side." Aaliyah stated.

"Why? I've never talked to her in my life. She has no right to judge me." I questioned Aaliyah.

"You've been talking to Derek. She's had her eye on him for ages. And you just come in and take that away." Aaliyah explained.

"Derek doesn't like me. We are just friends" I replied smiling.

"I'm aware. He has a girlfriend."

"Aw. Derek Levi Brown has a girlfriend. Who is he?" I questioned.

"Me." Aaliyah replied.

"I knew it." I said snapping my fingers.

"No you didn't."

"I know I didn't but I like to think I did. Anyone else I need to keep away from?" I asked.

"Ashton Irwin. He's the school sweetheart but also player. He's bad news. Stay away from him sweetie." Aaliyah looked me straight in the eyes.

"I'm sure he's not that bad of a person."

"Just stay away from him. He's bad news."

"And Derek isn't."

"Don't change the subject. We all know that Derek Brown is a bad boy but we know he has a heart. He's never once laid a hand on anyone. Yes he is intimidating cause he does drugs and smokes but he has never once got under a B+." Aaliyah told me.

"You're kidding me? Derek Levi Brown?" I questioned beyond amazed.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. He's had a rough past."

"Finally we are here." Aaliyah annonnced.

"Yes!" I cheered slightly.

I pushed open the door to see a middle-ages man talking to the class.

" Class, settle down."

The class suddenly became quiet.

"Thank you. Today a new student has joined our school. Let's give her a warm welcome to our school. Meri everyone." The man stated.

I glanced around the room smiling slightly. I met eyes with a boy. He was quite tall, dirty blonde curly hair and the beautiful eyes I've seen. I couldn't help but get lost in them.

"I forgot to tell you how I am. I'm Mr.McShawn." He put his hand out for me to shake it.

"America Clark but you can call me Meri." I shook his hand.

"Meri, can you go sit next to Ashton. Ashton raise your hand so Meri knows who you are."

"Ashton" raised his hand. Oh that's the famous Ashton Irwin. 

"Hi." Ashton said as I took a seat next to him.

"Hi." I answered back getting out my pens and notepad.

Mr. McShawn rambled on about food safety and about presenting the food at a high standard.

As I wrote down the notes on the presentation of the food. A note was thrown at the back of my head. I turned around to see who threw the note.

Aaliyah, sat 2 rows behind me was smirking so I knew it was her.

I opened the note.

Mr.McShawn is so boring lol. Here is my number, forgot to give it to you before: #1345632876 {I literally made that up. I don't know if that a real number and I live the uk. So I don't really know Aussie numbers even through I have family in Australia...}

I think he's alright. He's pretty cool. I wrote back.

While Mr. McShawn's back was turned I took the oppununity to throw the note back. It ended up hitting Aaliyah straight in the face. I was literally trying not to burst out laughing. Her face was brilliant.

"Aaliyah Adams. Would you like to explain to the class the reason why you are out of your seat." Mr. McShawn asked crossing his arms.

"Basically, I dropped my pen, then I needed to sharpen my pencil and Troy kicked my shoe so that's the reason." Aaliyah replied back.

"1. There is no pen on the floor.

2. You have never had a pencil since year 7.

3. Troy is on the otherside of the classroom.

So you do you want to tell us the real reason?" Mr. McShawn sasses.

"Mother Nature is calling." Aaliyah said smirking.

"Oh. Umm.. Off you go..." Mr.McShawn stuttered.

"Thanks." Aaliyah responded skipping off winking at me."

I took the chance, it's a shot in the dark but I took my phone out and typed in Aaliyah's number. I decided to text her.

Ali, it's MeriBear👋

Hey there boo child👋

"Pssshh." I heard.

I glanced up from my phone that was hidden behind a text book.

"I've lost my number, can I have yours?" Ashton asked.

"No." I replied firmly.

"Why not?"

"Cause I have no interest talking to you."

"Come on babe. You'll give in at one point. They all do."

"I'm not like the rest. So tough." I flicked my hair before putting my phone away to carry on the questions.

"Where is Aaliyah? It's been 20 minutes." I muttered.

"She's probably off with Derek." Ashton replied with poison in his voice.

"I wasn't talking to you." I mumbled angrily.

Why can't he just leave me alone. It's not hard. I'm not interested in him. Can't he take a hint. I have a feeling that this is just the beginning.