Chapter 18

The halls felt endless as I sprinted through them. My mind was eerily silent, and so I had a strange feeling of arising worry growing in my chest. I didn't know what it was about, but my subconscious — and possibly my mother — were both urging me to believe that it was due to the people around me, or lack there of.

It was so quiet and bodiless that I had nearly convinced myself that this wasn't even reality, but once I turned the corner, it was like the static roared to life — along with the audience from the arena outside.

The entrance to the bleachers was just beyond the staircase before me, and as I neared the top step, I could make out the familiar head of navy hair that I had desperately been searching for leaned against the wall.

A pulse of excitement ran through me, but as I was about to advance toward him, another head of pink hair made its way into my sight. Hatsume, the one mechanical girl from Midoriya's team, was standing in front of him. I was quick to take several steps back as to not be seen, and as I did, I witnessed Hatsume inching closer to him as she latched onto his arm.

The sight baffled me, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions, either. She was on about something involving their apparent match that I had neglected to see, and how she was sorry for using him as a pawn to get the top Pro Heroes to notice her 'babies.' Iida, despite my shock, was smiling warmly at her.

"You know," Hatsume continued. "You weren't that bad either, maybe it wouldn't hurt to see more of you."

I bit down on my cheek to prevent intervention, and as I did, a sickening giggle went off in my ears. I let out an uneasy breath with my hand held against the wall for support in an attempt at calming myself down, but the sweltering heat was undoubtably there.

"You think so?" Iida asked, and from the tone of his voice it sounded as if he had chuckled.

My free hand balled into a fist. I didn't know why I was so surprised — I put this situation into place on my own. I told him that I didn't need him. I threw his affection and his concern back in his face.

Did I deserve this?

Most definitely.

But that small fact didn't falter the increasing rage in my system; because, technically, we weren't broken up. I never anticipated Iida as someone who'd move on from a relationship that quickly, especially not one that was never officially ended. The sound of their quiet banter and gross, mushy giggling was insanely too much for my clearly weak stomach to handle, so I turned on my heel and proceeded to make my way around the other side of the building and toward a different entrance to the bleachers.

"My, my," the voice sighed. "Wasn't that a sight?"

I growled low in my throat. "Shut up."

"That made you very angry, didn't it? I didn't even think Iida would do such a thing! What a brute! A scoundrel!" He said melodramatically. I could hear the mockery in his voice.

I didn't reply, and the lack of it made him giggle sadistically.

"Oh, Osoroshi," he cooed. "You want to let this anger out, don't you?"

"Leave me alone."

"You do," he confirmed on his own. "I can help you. You don't have anything to lose when I'm in control."

"I wouldn't know that," I bit back. "Because you never have been."

"Ah, but I was close before," Dream Walker pointed out. "Besides, letting go of the reigns is a great stress relief! Why don't you let me help you?"