Oh...

"Well, okay..."

I get down off the bed and straighten myself out.

"Will you...?"

Faith doesn't even let me finish.

"I'll get them to come find you when it's all over."

Her words put a smile on my face that's a little less faked then before.

"Thanks..."

"Anything for my girl..."

There's a moment where we just look into each other's eyes and I know exactly how much she loves me.

I can only hope that she knows I feel the same way times ten.

"I'll see ya soon."

Oh, right...

"Okay..."

Then I turn and head out of Faith's hospital room, this time knowing that when I come back she'll still be awake.

I'm so glad that she's awake. It's all going to be all right now that she's awake.

Walking back into the hallway, I see Buffy and Willow stand up to meet me, both with concerned looks on their faces.

Whether they like it or not...

Naturally, Buffy is the first to speak up.

"Hey Dawn, how's Faith doing?"

Well, at least she's trying to act like she cares right now.

"She's fine. The doctors are giving her a check up right now. Otherwise I'd still be in there with her."

"That's good, I'm glad."

Willow decides to chime in at this point.

"Yeah me too, I was kinda worried about her for a while."

Is that so?

"So that's why you decided to visit her all of never until now."

My sister tries to scold me.

"Dawn!"

I saw that coming.

"What? I'm right aren't I?"

The look on Willow's face tells me she's not about to argue the point.

"I'm sorry Dawn, I didn't mean to not visit. I've just been a little busy lately, that's all. What with the demon out there and organizing the slayers against it. I would've been here sooner..."

"But you've been too busy to care. I get it."

My sister's best friend doesn't respond right away.

"Dawn, I came because you're my friend, and so is Faith. I care about both of you."

Of course she does.

"Just not enough to return any of my phone calls for the last six months."

I've called her at least a hundred times over the past couple of months, looking for her advice on being with Faith, and how to handle certain situations, and I ended up getting it from her voicemail. Now she just expects me to pretend like everything's all right with us? It's not, and I'm not gonna act like it.

Buffy isn't about to let me be honest though.

"What's gotten into you Dawn? It's not like you don't know how busy Willow is. You've been to Cleveland more than a few times, that place can be like a zoo sometimes. Why are you jumping all over Willow like that?"