I'm fine

Chapter 20

Ever since the tour started Harry and I have been getting closer but at the same time apart. I think it's my fault. If only I just told him that I love him, but I can't bring myself to say it. And I can see in his eyes that he's hurt by it.

Every time he says he loves me, I don't know what is wrong with me but, I just nod. I can't bring myself to say it because every time - and I never fail- every time I get close to someone I lose them.

Ever since my family died in the car accident I made a promise to myself to never get close to someone because I know, I know I'm going to lose that person.

I've been three months with these people, two being Harry's girlfriend.

It hurts. I hate doing this to Harry, but it's for the best. So I begin writing:

Dear Harry,

I know this relashionship isn't going anywhere. So I'm going to make its easy for you and I'm going to leave.

Ever since I lost everyone in my life, I promised to myself I wasn't going to get attached to anyone, but look how ended that. Even if you don't believe me, this is hard for me too. I love all of you, but it's for the best because me being here makes everything harder for all of you.

When my family died, I didn't become homeless that instant. I came here, to London, to live with my grandparents, but it only lasted a month because they were assassinated because of me. I don't want that to happen to any of you. So it's best if I just leave...

Yours truly,

Maria

Tears stream down my face as I fold the letter and walk towards Harry's bunk bed. I take a deep breath but it ends up in a sob.

"Maria? Is everything ok?"

I shake my head at Niall's concern and start sobbing. Niall engulfs me in a hug and starts assuring me that everything is going to be okay.

"C'mon Maria, I'll take you to Harry," he says pushing me towards the tour bus exit.

I don't refuse because it's for the best. If I leave during their tour, all of them are going to be broken. And I can't do that to them and the fans.

When we finally reached Harry, I already ripped the note and got rid of it.

"Hey, everything all right, princess?" Harry said while I sat on his lap.

"I'm fine. Your here," I said hugging him tightly.

"What happened?" he said kissing my temple, "Is everything alright?" he said his voice full of concern.

"Yes, I was just feeling a little sick," I said half lying. I did feel a little sick, but not in that way. I felt sick emotionally.

"Oh ok, are you better now?" he said playing with a strand of my hair.

"Yeah. I'll always feel better as long as I'm with you."

Author's note

If you were wondering: Maria is played by Hayden Panettiere.