Dante's Confession

I forgot I haven't posted last chapter from Radish...After this chap. you won't find early chapters on Radish anymore. They will be on patreon.com/KikiEmin. I'm entering an exam period so I'll see you after that. Also, please read the message I left on my page.

Angelo's heart was being crushed as he heard himself say, "I can't." He clenched his teeth hard to force down the cried that threatened to manifest.

He wanted to agree with all his being, but couldn't, or for what would he have avoided Dante for two years?

He'd decided to leave that world. His sister had told him she'd been happy for him that he'd found a normal job and started his life anew. He couldn't disappoint her.

Should he come back to Dante, all his effort until now would have been wasted; all the lives he'd taken in order to leave the Alvaro family would have meant nothing.

For the sake of his family and for his own sake, Angelo couldn't return to Dante's side. They no longer lived in the same world.

"Don't you love me?" Dante asked, hurt by Angelo's rejection. He'd braced himself for it, but it still cut deep.

"I don't." Angelo lied. He hoped it wasn't as transparent as it sounded to his ears.

"I don't love you," he reaffirmed. It felt forced.

Dante took a long look at Angelo, then spoke up softly, "If that's true, then why are you crying?"

Angelo wiped his tears with his sleeve angrily. Once again, he'd shown Dante his unseemly side and it was frustrating.

Dante seemed to have the knack for making him cry. He was the only one who'd managed to do that ever since Angelo's voice had broken.

He had his pride and crying didn't add to it.

"Look at me, Angelo," Dante tilted Angelo's face upwards lightly. As he stared in Angelo's emerald eyes glistening with tears, his heart skipped a beat.

But for a wrong reason. Seeing Angelo's tearful face awoke his sadistic nature. The feeling was all too familiar. It was the one he hadn't felt in a long time, and he wouldn't have minded if he never felt it again, for it made him act in a way that Angelo hated.

The urge to mess Angelo up even more grew stronger until Dante couldn't stand it anymore and rose up abruptly.

He turned his back to Angelo; he couldn't look at him, or he'd do something he'd regret later. Though he didn't want to be mean, it was his nature and he couldn't change what he felt.

Crying Angelo was unbelievably alluring. It took a lot of self-control to not tease him in this situation.

If Angelo wanted to be treated nicely, Dante would treasure him.

"I'll return for today," Dante said, "but I'll come again tomorrow."

Angelo looked up at him, alarmed. His lips were instantly claimed by Dante, who grabbed the back of Angelo's head so he couldn't tear away.

The first few seconds were more forceful, but then Angelo relaxed. Dante's soft lips tugged at Angelo's when he pulled back. Angelo was left breathless, and he looked to be in a daze.

"I'm taking this as compensation for the dinner."

Dante regretted kissing Angelo, for it left him craving more. A little taste was simply not enough to satiate his lust, however, if he tried to go further, Angelo would push him away. His plan for now was to make Angelo realise that he needed Dante in his life.