Reunion

A/N: Thank you for reading this book! As always, you can find more chapters (not available on Wattpad atm) on Radish :) Henceforth, if you can't find some of my books on Radish, it's probably in the newly added Late Night section instead of LGBTQ+. For easier access to them, it's better if you subscribe to them, or search for my username.

Dante was standing in the entryway as if nailed there. He'd only meant to get a drink after aimlessly wandering around the neighbourhood in which Angelo used to live.

When he couldn't concentrate or sleep, he'd stroll around the city and unintentionally end up near Angelo's house.

Sometimes, he stood in front of Dante's house in hope he'd see light from one of the rooms. But even after hours of standing there, he'd never caught a sign of movement.

The house was abandoned. Or so he thought. Until this moment, Dante had thought that Angelo hadn't returned, yet here he was, working at this small bar, looking even more beautiful than Dante remembered.

He was a little slimmer. The delicate, slightly feminine features Angelo had been conscious of were more prominent now, and he looked more mature and sexy. And the bartender uniform suited him.

"I didn't know you were back," Dante said while making his way to the bar. He went straight for the seat in front of Angelo. "When did you come back?"

"Three weeks ago." Angelo heard his voice shake for a fraction of a second. He was certain Dante hadn't missed it, either, since he was sharper than most.

Angelo did his best to stay calm, but inside he was a mess.

Why is he here? He kept repeating in his head. This wasn't his territory, and from what Angelo remembered Dante preferred fancy establishments.

The bar was neither fancy nor popular. It didn't have many customers. This bar was the kind of place the old Dante would never in thousand years walk into. That's why Angelo had chosen to work here in the first place.

But now when Dante knew where he worked, staying there would be stressful. Not two minutes have passed since Dante had walked in, and Angelo was already thinking about finding a new job.

He didn't want to leave, though. The owner was kind enough to employ him without judging him, so the least he could do is stay loyal to him.

If only there were more people working shifts, he wouldn't have to be the one to serve Dante. However, the bar was small and never full, therefore one bartender should suffice.

"Are you going to order?" Angelo asked, impatiently.

"I'll let you choose."

While preparing the cocktail, Angelo stole a peek at the patch covering Dante's eye. A new wave of guilt washed over him.

Angelo had hoped it would get better and that Dante would eventually be able to see again even if there was a scar. It had been easier on his conscience to believe that.

"Are you bothered by it?" Dante asked when he caught him staring.

Angelo turned red, flustered. "Sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

"You can stare as much as you want."

Silence filled the bar. Angelo prayed someone would come and save him from this awkwardness.

He was supposed to meet his potential fiancee tomorrow, but now that Dante was sitting across him, Angelo was reminded of how gorgeous Dante was.

Everything about him looked like it had been carefully sculpted by God - from the long, refined fingers, lightly touching the stem of the cocktail glass, to the last strand of his black hair that Angelo knew from experience was soft and silky and through which he'd loved to run his fingers.