Dinner With the Boss

Please comment, like and follow :)

Ever since Dante had left his house, Angelo had been stressing himself over Dante's planned visit. Angelo shouldn't have agreed to it.

He'd succumbed to Dante's charms and his own weakness; he'd believed he'd toughened up, but Dante's smile had melted his will.

Angelo had spent the whole day tidying his house. And with anticipation, he changed his sheets. He didn't know what had taken over him to do that. It was as though he was expecting to use the bed. That made him ashamed. Meeting Dante had turned into an idiot.

He was doing things he shouldn't. His mind knew what he was doing would bring him nothing but trouble, but his heart was still clinging to the slimmest chance of deepening his relationship with Dante.

Like a girl before her first date, he'd spent hours carefully choosing his attire for the evening. It wasn't a special dinner, but he'd never felt more nervous.

Angelo had never paid attention to his body, but now, he wished he'd kept himself in shape. He hadn't had much exercise on his trips if any at all, so his abs were no longer as prominent as they had once been.

To make all the preparations for the night, he'd woken up early, which will leave him sleep deprived. At times like this, he was glad there weren't many customers at the bar.

***

Angelo slowly opened his eyes. As his mind became clear, he recalled falling asleep before dinner. He'd meant to take a nap before Dante arrived, but it seemed like he'd been more worn out than he'd thought.

"Ngh..."

Angelo's head whipped to the side. Beside him lay Dante, sleeping peacefully like a kid.

Both of them were clothed, therefore Angelo deduced that nothing had transpired between them, not to mention that when he'd gone to sleep, Dante hadn't arrived yet. That brought forth a question. How did Dante get in his bed?

Feeling warmth emitted from Dante's body, Angelo was tempted to move closer and go back to sleep, but he had a shift.

"Cazzo!" Angelo cursed.

He looked at his watch and sprung out of bed. He was late for work!

All the shuffling from Angelo's searching for his phone had roused Dante. Half-asleep, he mumbled, "Come to bed."

"I'm late! My boss will kill me!"

"I called in and told him you weren't feeling well and he said he'd find a substitute for you."

Angelo was dumbfounded. Yesterday, Dante had been acting meek, and now he was acting like his lover.

Dante languidly beckoned him over as though it was perfectly normal.

Right now, Angelo was so tired and relieved that he didn't have to go to work that he didn't question Dante's actions. He'd overestimated his stamina and tidying up was more physically draining than he'd imagined. All he wanted was to recharge, forgetting about dinner.

He climbed back in bed.

***

What should I do? Dante asked himself.

Angelo had nuzzled up against him in his sleep, their legs had entwined, and the whole length of Angelo's body was pressed against him, his face buried in Dante's chest.

And even though Dante liked waking up with Angelo in his arms, he doubted it was mutual, and should Angelo wake up, he'd be furious to find them in this position.