Chapter 2

Magnus went back to his restaurant. Raphael was already in the kitchen. He was checking the lists of vegetables, meat and other stuff. He worked as a manager in the restaurant.

"Very Good morning Raph"

"Were you at Mary's shop?"

"Yeah. Guess who I met today"

"you meet him everyday Magnus." Raphael replied even without taking his eyes away from his lists. "

Listen to me. Will you???" Magnus whined.

"Okay continue."

         Raphael listened to Magnus's complains about Alec since 10 years ago. Raphael just listen to whatever Magnus says without paying much attention.

"This annoying idiot smirked today. He smirked when Mary called me Little devil. I just.. argh.. I'm gonna kill him"

"I thought he is already dead. Because you plan to kill him in 100 ways everyday"

"Wait and see. He will pay for what he does to me"

"He is just arrogant just like Lightwoods are supposed to be. Other than that I don't find any problem"

"You are my friend. Don't talk good about that tall idiot"

"Magnus.." Raphael looked at Magnus.

"Are you sure you hate him because he is arrogant or is it because he is totally your type and you have a crush on him"

"I do not have a crush on anyone. Specially on that pathetic Lightwood."

"Whatever"

          Raphael rolled his eyes and turned back to his work. Magnus mumbled about Alec for more half an hour but Raphael just ignored him. Magnus was so used to it so he kept on talking but soon after Magnus ran out of complains. Magnus had three more hours to get ready till the shop open.

            Magnus went to restaurant. He didn't change much of the interior of the restaurant after his mother.His restaurant had a feeling of home. Cozy and comfortable. It is something Magnus's mom created. People told that coming to Magnus's restaurant after a long day felt like coming to home for homemade food. According to them Magnus had magical hands. Everyone loved Magnus's Asian cuisine. Long time customers said that Magnus keep on improving day by day. Magnus smiled to himself. This is his home and his life. His childhood, teenage years and his whole life was built on this place.

                Magnus's small smile vanished as he looked outside from the window. Right in front of his shop was Lightwood's restaurant. He heard that Lightwood's food are also pretty good but he never ever wanted to taste it. Well his only Lightwood friends Izzy and Max are not good very good cooks. Magnus smiled to himself remembering how he felt he almost died because of a piece of Izzy's chocolate cake.

"MAGNUS.." Magnus came back to reality thanks to Izzys shouting.

"Isabella" Magnus smiled and quickly went out of the restaurant to meet Izzy.

"Good morning Magnus"

"I could say the same but I met your big brother today"

"oh.. That's why he was grumpy"

"He is always grumpy." Magnus snorted.

"Oh come on Magnus" Izzy smiled.

"Did Max went to school?"

"Yeah."

"He has a history paper today. Doesn't he?"

"Yeah. He was faking a stomachache this morning."

"Haha poor Max. I'm sure he'll be okay"

"yes after all he is the best out of four of us in studies" Magnus's and Izzy's conversation continued till Jace and Alec saw those two together.

"Izzy" Jace shouted as soon as he saw Izzy with Magnus. Magnus looked at older Lightwoods disappointed eyes and turned to Izzy.

"Looks like your guardians are here. See you my beautiful lady Isabella."

       Magnus bowed and took Izzy's hand. He knew it irritates older Lightwoods to no ending. Izzy smiled and let Magnus kiss her hand.

"Till then my handsome Knight"

        Magnus after the kiss on Izzy's hand looked at Jace and Alec. Jace was furious while the expression on Alec's face was a mystery to Magnus. It was almost, ALMOST like Alec was sad. Magnus shook his head and quickly said good bye to Izzy and went to his restaurant. Izzy went back to Alec and Jace.

"Will you stop flirting with our enemy." Jace asked as soon as Izzy came near them.

"He is my friend"

"Izzy" Alec's voice was low but there was this tough tone to his voice.

"I know you two are friends but stop flirting with him. Magnus is famous for being a player"

"only Camille says that and I did not flirt with him. Fear no more Alec. He is still yours" Izzy winked and quickly went inside their restaurant.

"IZZY"

          Now Alec was shouting after Izzy. He couldn't understand why every one assumed that he had feelings for Magnus. Yes he is the most handsome man Alec had ever seeing but he was nothing but a player in Alec's eyes. Those lingering looks Magnus and Alec shared sometimes meant nothing. Looking at Magnus's glittering lips when Magnus was bickering with him meant nothing at all. Yes it meant nothing.

        Alec looked at Magnus's restaurant and saw Magnus was doing something. Alec glared at him even though Magnus couldn't see as he was facing his back to Alec. Alec didn't check out Magnus's perfect butt cheek. He shook his head went to his restaurant. He had a day to start.