Chapter 1

Bailey Gonzalez's P.O.V.
"Mateo!" I yell at my older brother as I walk to the living room.

"What do you want? I'm trying to watch a movie." Mateo says from his room.

"I'm going out!" I yell at him as I grab my keys.

"With who?" He says before I hear footsteps coming my way.

"I'm meeting with Ana," I tell him the truth but not all of it.

"Okay, just text me from now and then to know you are saved," Mateo says before he heads to the kitchen.

"Is Penelope coming tonight?" I ask him about his girlfriend.

"Yeah." He says.

I've to meet Penelope before at a family dinner when he brought her. She is really nice unlike all of my brother's exes.I head to my car which is a jet black Tesla Model X.

I arrive at the ice rink in which the Oilers are playing the Calgary Flames

I arrive at the ice rink in which the Oilers are playing the Calgary Flames. Yes, I do know my hockey stuff. I might be a girl who grew up in the spotlight but I'm still ordinary girls.

I parked in a parking spot. I got out of the car and looked at my outfit.

(Put outfit)

I head over to one of the doors for the players. I try to open the door but it's close, I mean I expect it to be for the safety of the people inside.

"You know, only people that players here can come by this door." I hear someone say before I turn around to face the person.

"Ryan Nugent-Hopkins," I say as I look at him.

He's one of the centers for the Oilers.

"And you must be a fan." Ryan continues to say as he doesn't realize who I am.

I don't really expect everyone to know who I am but come on? Just this one so I could be let in.

"I'm actually here to see Connor," I explain as he nods.

"I promise I'm not a fan, he told me to come early." I continue to explain.

"Sure." He says as he starts to unlock the door with his key.

"What's your name?" He asks me as he's between the door and the part where the door connects so I won't be able to enter.

"Bailey Gonzalez," I tell him my name as something in him clicks.

"You're her!" He exclaims as I look at him confused.

"What do you mean her!" I ask him to confuse.

"The one that has been talking to Connor. The gorgeous girl he claims about, I mean now I do agree with him." Ryan says as I nodded smiling.

Connor and I have been texting back and forward but as friends. I can't do relationships with all that goes in my life and he can't because of his traveling. I really do like him but I'm not sure if he likes me back.

"Thanks, I guess," I tell him before he moves out of the way and lets me go inside.

Ana is meeting up with me later. Connor got us two seats behind the Oiler's bench.

"Connor, your girlfriend is here!" Ryan says as he closed the door.

Well, that was straightforward.

"Connor has a girlfriend?" I heard people yell.

"He'll come here soon. I'll leave you up to it." Ryan says before he leaves, leaving me alone right in front of the door.

"You look nice." I hear somebody say.

Connor.

"Hi," I tell him as I face him.

"I have to start to get the change in 20 minutes but what do you want to do?" Connor asks me.

"Well, I am kind of hungry," I mention as he smiles at me.

"You are always hungry." He chuckles as we don't break the eye contact.

"There's this sports bar with great onion rings," Connor mentions as he starts to walk out of the door.

"Umm," I say awkwardly as he's holding the door for me.

"What? You don't want to be seen in public with me?" Connor says acting offended.

"I do want the public to see us together but you know how they take it," I explain to Connor as he nods.

"I promise the bar is not full but trust me this is going to be the best onion rings you will ever have," Connor says before I agree and head out of the building with Connor.

"Won't you get in trouble?" I ask Connor as we just start to walk.

"Maybe but it's all worth it for you," Connor says as I smile, he's so sweet.

"You are so sweet," I tell him as we turn the corner and see the lines of fans that are trying to enter the ice center.

"We might have to run," Connor says as I look at his surprise.

"I kind of have heels on," I explain to Connor as I look at my black heels.

"Oh yeah. Come on, hope on." Connor says before he gets in front of me and bends down a little bit.

"Okie," I say as I jump on his back for a piggy ride.

"Now if you fall, I'm never going to talk to you ever again," I tell him before he turns his head a bit so I could see him.

"You don't trust me?" Connor says before he sends me a wink.

I would die for him and his cuteness and manners.

Connor starts to head through the crowd as some of them don't notice us but most of them do. They mostly try to take a video of us while Connor is running away from them with me on his back.

After a couple of minutes, we arrive at the restaurant and may I say he was right. This is really empty.

"Connor, what would you like?" One of the waitresses asks as she sees us.

"Can I get a bit plate of onion rings with a lot of ketchup?" Connor says before she leaves.

"This was fun," I tell him as he lets me go and I stand up.

"So tell me," I ask him as we sat in one of the empty tables.

"Tell you what?" Connor asks me.

"How's the hockey season? I mean I know it just started but." I tell him awkwardly as he chuckles.

"Your very awkward, you know that right? I mean you're a social media star, actress and you can sing. I don't get where you get that awkwardness and shyness from?" Connor says as the Onion rings come.

"I was born with it, it's a talent. You shouldn't be speaking either, you could barely say a word when you first meet me." I tell him as he chuckles and nods knowing I'm right.

"Actually I already knew you when I first meet. Like the first movie I saw of you which was Spiderman, I got chook on you." Connor explains as I nod.

"That's good to know," I say as I look down since I am mayor blushing.

I finish eating my onion rings and may I say that they are delicious.

"We should probably head to the ice rink or you'll be late," I tell him as I stand up.