12 - Hate / Love ❤️‍🔥

🙋🏻 - Abid's POV
🗓️ - March 04, 2021
(One Year Ago from Present)
📍 - Dubai Office

---

"This is your work. You know this is a very important project, and you're telling me you don't have any draft ready? On top of that, you lost the bloody papers. Dammit!" I banged my hand on the desk, my frustration boiling over.

"Sir, I’m sorr—"

"You’re fired."

"But—"

"Get lost!" I shouted at him. He left my cabin, looking dejected. I sat back and drank some water, trying to calm myself down. Moments later, my dad gave a knock before entering.

"So, who’s the new one who has been chopped off by my son this time?"

"It’s not like that, Dad. He lost the most important document for this project. You know how critical it is."

"But you didn’t give him any chance to explain, son."

"No one deserves a second chance, Dad."

"We are human, and humans make mistakes. You’re also human. How would you feel if other people treated you like this when you made a mistake? When you don’t have any second chance to explain yourself?"

"But Dad, you know how important this project is."

"You have to control your anger, dear. Think before you act. Otherwise, you will lose precious things or people." He said and left.

I opened my laptop and started typing, trying to shake off the conversation with my dad. But his words brought back a memory from my past that I couldn’t ignore.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

🗓️ - April 23, 2016
📍- Phoenix Market City

---

"Why are you angry and why did you hit him?" she asked, her eyes wide with concern.

"Because he touched you! How dare he m***—" I stopped myself from finishing the expletive.

"Eww, Abid. Don't swear, at least not in front of me. I don't like it."

"But he deserved it," I retorted angrily. I had been on the third floor waiting for her when I heard people scream. I looked down and saw her in another man's arms. I wasn’t angry with her—I knew how innocent she was—but that man. I wanted to kill him. She stared at me with a serious look.

"What?" I asked, defensive.

We looked into each other's eyes for some time before she spoke again.

"Don't be angry, but you are very short-tempered. This is not good for your health, and you have to think before you act, Abid."

"You mean...what I did was wrong?" I challenged her.

"No, Abid. I am just saying—"

"To hell with your saying! He was touching you, for God's sake. Don't tell me you were enjoying his—" She cut me off by placing her palm over my mouth.