Chapter 23 - Halston's plot

Zac's POV

"Hey. Did you received Monique's invitation about the HSM reunion thing?" I asked both Ashley and Vanessa. Ashley gave me a questioned face. "Wait....she gave you one?" I looked over to Vanessa and she nodded. "She did." I answered. "Monique never gave me one. How nice." Ashley said in a sarcastic way. While we were eating, the phone rang. Valerie stood up, "I'll get it." Then she headed towards the telephone.

"Zac? Is your decision final?" Dylan asked. "Decision of what?"

"You know....staying here." Then everyone stared at me. Especially Vanessa. I stared at her and smiled, "Of course I will. As long as I'm with my girls." Dylan and Ashley smiled but Vanessa smiled the biggest. Then all of them were like 'awwe'. "Now that's true love!" Sam suddenly exclaimed and we all laughed while Ashley gives her a kiss.

Just then, Valerie came. She seems to be not in good mood. I wonder why. "Who was on the phone?" Vanessa asked and Valerie sighed. "A friend." I thought Valerie was bullied and that she never had a friend. "Who?" Vanessa asked. "Yvette." Valerie answered and Vanessa simply nodded. Valerie's answer doesn't sound convincing at all. There's really something wrong.

~1 week later~

Today, Dylan, Ashley and Sam will already go back to America. Except for me of course. To be honest, it's quite hard for you to leave your own country but as long as you're with the one you love, it's worth it.

We were at the airport waiting for them to board the plane. I bid a tearful goodbye to Dylan and so as Ashley and her adorable daughter.

"I'll miss you bro. I'll tell mom and dad about your decision." Dylan's eyes were teary. "Me too bro. I love you." Then the two of us gave each other a hug and Dylan couldn't help himself and he ended up crying. A few seconds later, Dylan then hugged Vanessa then Valerie. Vanessa and Ashley also bid a tearful goodbye to each other. Then the three of them already went to their flight.

As a brother, I can't bear to see your own sibling go. But I be Vanessa feels the same way. The way she left her family years ago. As soon as they disappeared, Vanessa and I went home.

While I was driving, Vanessa and I were talking about random stuffs. That always happen when we're together. Meanwhile, Valerie was just quiet. There's really gotta be something that's bothering her. I'm curious. Valerie didn't even bother to join our conversation.

Until we finally got home. Vanessa immediately made her way to the kitchen while Valerie immediately made her way to her bedroom. Curious, I followed her. When I opened her bedroom door, Valerie was on her phone. Then I sat down beside her.

"Hey." I spoke to her but she didn't respond. "Would you mind telling me what's wrong?" I told her and she looked at me. "I can't tell you dad." She said. "I promise I won't tell anybody. Just tell me what's wrong." I told her and she sighed.

"Please daddy. Don't tell." She stared at me. "Of course I won't." I replied.

Then she took a deep breath before saying anything.

"Halston called me last week and she said that she wants you back. Then she made a deal to me. The deal is that I won't tell anyone about the phone call. Not even you. And if I did, she said that she'll kill both mum and I. After that night, I started receiving death threats. Now I'm actually scared that she'll kill us both for telling you." My jaw dropped at Valerie's statement. Then Valerie began crying. My brain is already boiling with anger towards Halston. I hugged Valerie, "Don't worry I'm on it. Give me your phone." I demanded Valerie and she did so.

Then I immediately called Halston.

"Hello Valerie dear." There goes the annoying poshy voice of Halston.

"Shut up it's Zac."

"Zac??"

"Yes it's me. Now tell me. Why did you threatened my daughter to kill her and Vanessa if you won't have me back?! Answer me!" I'm shouting actually.

"It's because I'm jealous. Besides, I'm much more prettier than that baby mama of yours who kept on running away from you."

"Vanessa is always beautiful inside and out unlike that blonde brain of yours."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. Now listen Halston. If ever you'll threaten my daughter again, expect me to never see you ever in your whole life. Besides, I'm richer than you. I can send millions of police to protect my family just so you can stay away and that we will never hear something from your damn life. Is that clear?" I shouted at Halston.

"How about no. I don't care about your money. All I want is you in my life and that is all. Vanessa and that blue eyed daughter of yours will perish from this-"

"Shut up!! Rot in hell Halston!!" Then I hung up the phone. I turned around and realized that Vanessa heard the whole thing since the phone was in speaker. Valerie was kind of speechless

"I'm sorry." I stared at Vanessa's teary eyes.

"Please Zac. Don't tell me you'll put your life in danger just for us. Maybe Halston can kill you anytime." Vanessa's tone signifies that she's in a brink of crying.

I sighed, "Halston can end my life anytime. Just not my girls. Don't worry about me Ness." I told her.

"But what if Halston will also kill us?" Valerie asked. "I'll do anything just not to let that happen." I replied and Valerie smiled.

Then Valerie stood up and gave Vanessa and I hug before the three of us could do a family hug not knowing that someone was actually lurking nearby.

[a/n: Hashtag the thrilling part just started. ;) Anyways hope you guys enjoy. Still waiting for the Austin thing opinions.]