Chapter 6 - I'm sorry

Vanessa's POV

"Good morning babe." He smiled as I stare at his deep blue eyes. "Good morning." I replied. "Good thing you're already awake early." He smiled at me and I laughed. "Come on you have to get up now. They're looking for you." He told me but I argued with him. "You have to now."

I opened my eyes and realized that it was just a dream. I started to look around and realized that I'm in a hospital. I could barely remember what happened to be honest. "Vanessa? You okay?" Ashley asked who was beside me. "Kind of. What happened?" I asked. Ashley sighed, "Well....you were kind of crossing the street. But then there was a truck coming. So Zac kind of pushed you out of the way." My mouth shaped O as soon as Ashley finished her sentence. "And how's Zac?" I asked in a serious tone. "He's kind of in a critical condition." Ashley replied.

What have I done!! This was all my fault!! In result, I began crying. "Hey it's okay." Ashley comforted me as she grabs a box of tissue. "Come on. All you need to do is to say sorry." Ashley said. "What if he won't accept my apology? What if Zac's parents will get mad at me?" I cried. "Don't worry. I'm here! I'm your best pal remember? You have Corbin, your mom, dad and sister! You have yourself a family!" Ashley told me which kind of gave me courage. "I need to talk to Zac." I told Ashley and she smiled. "We have one problem though. Zac's kind of in a coma state." Ashley nodded making me more worried. "Besides, it's my fault. I have to face the consequence. Come on bring me to him right now." I told Ashley. Ashley got up and grabbed a wheelchair. I sat on the wheelchair and Ashley brought me to Zac's room which was in the 3rd floor.

Ashley opened the door and Dylan was there sitting beside his brother's bed. Dylan stared at me before smiling. "Umm. Vanessa wants to talk to your brother." Ashley said. "Sure but uhh....he's still in his deep sleep though." Dylan replied in a sad tone. "What if he could be listening?" Ashley said and Dylan nodded. "Sure." He smiled. "Uhh Dylan?" I said making Dylan turn around. "I'm sorry." It was all I could say. "It's okay." He smiled back before he and Ashley closed the door.

I took a deep breath as I got ready on what to say.

"I know you probably don't hear me. But I just want to say thank you for what you've done. That was quite heroic for you to do it. And I'm sorry that it kind of put you in danger. Personally, you have been the best boyfriend I've ever had and I'm also sorry that I never gave you a second chance. I know you've never met our daughter. Well, Zac. She has your features not mine. She has your blue eyes and smile. And I bet if I would tell her now, she would be proud that she's your daughter. I'll miss you Zac." Tears were already flowing down from my eyes.

"I'm just bringing unluckiness to your life. I love you." I told him.

"Ashley!" I called and Ashley opened the door. "How was it?" Ashley asked. "It went well. I hope he was listening though." I sighed. "He'd never fail to listen to the woman he loves." Dylan smiled. "Thanks Dylan." I smiled at him.

Zac's POV

I wanted to wake up but for whatever reason, I can't open my eyes. I heard every single word Vanessa said. Personally, I don't think it was her fault. I chose to protect her and it was my decision to push her out of the way. I really wanted to open my eyes and just hug her.

After struggling to open my eyes, I finally did. "Dylan? Mom? Dad?" I asked. "Sweetheart?" My mom was standing in front of me looking worried. "Dylan, call the doctor now!" My dad instructed Dylan. "Where's Vanessa?" I asked. "Well, Dylan said she was here 2 days ago. And she told him that she was leaving." My mom explained. "What?! Where?" I asked in a serious tone. "We don't know hun." My mom answered. "By the way, we met your daughter." My dad smiled at me. What? Vanessa introduced to my parents our daughter? "Yes. She looks exactly like you." My mom smiled and I also smiled.

"We could never be more proud that my son has a very beautiful daughter." My dad smiled.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Valerie."

***************************************************************************************************************

Cliff hanger!!!

Sorry if keep on updating. As you can see, we'll be going home to my mom's home in Leyte in which I'm quite nervous to do so. Anyways, hope you'll enjoy this chapter!! :) Once again, sorry if there are any errors. :D