CASE NO. 4: The Incident at the Rave (pt. 1)

In an isolated warehouse by the country, an unforgettable rave, exclusively for couples only, took place. The music made the ground shake, and the drinks made everyone's hearts shake faster. Just as anyone would expect, this rave was wild, noisy, sweaty, and gross.

There were mostly couples in their twenties, but some young girls brought along their much older significant others as well. With most of these men only agreeing to get dragged into this rave party for the fact that it had always been expected that other girls gone wild would be there as well. Anyway, most couples that attended these kinds of rave parties were not only there to dance and get wasted, but to also explore outside their relationship.

One young couple finally arrived. They signed up at the front and had their individual photos taken. Although unusual, this process was required by the owner. Anyway, there was free and fast WiFi somehow, so everyone was more than satisfied.

A boy was recording a friend of his take a shot of vodka from in between some girl's breasts. "Eyyy!" a group hollered as the boy uploaded his video on social media. He walked over to his friend and slapped his back as he downed another shot. Suddenly, his phone's screen turned black, and the place's piercing alarm went off. The sound of the alarm blended with the blasting music, but everyone was obviously able to tell the two apart.

He looked around, and everyone looked just as confused. A hand landed on his shoulder, and he turned around to see another friend. "Bro, my phone just shut off!" his friend exclaimed, but the boy ignored him. "Yo, Cal?"

Another man shouted, "Hey, what the fuck's going on? I'm too crossfaded for this!"

Cal witnessed everyone's confusion as their mobile phones died, too. The hairs on the back of his head stood as if to warn him that danger was nearby. People's laughter soon turned to clueless cries, and the party music eventually came to a halt—could say the same with the party altogether.

Soon enough, Cal advanced to the exit, but the huge bouncer wouldn't let him out. "Let me out! I need to get--" He tried to open the doors, but they wouldn't budge.

"I'm afraid I cannot let you out, sir. We are on complete lockdown," the man sternly said, and Cal took a step back and finally got a good look at the bouncer, noticing a huge gun strapped across his torso.

Despite this, Cal continued, "Why the fuck?-- "

"GOOD EVENING, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN," a distorted voice blasted from the speakers. The alarm finally stopped. Cal gave up on the bouncer and joined the crowd to see what's going on.

Everyone's gazes fell on the stage only to find another clueless individual in the form of a DJ. He wasn't speaking, and so everyone was looking around for anyone holding a mic of some sort.

The distorted voice continued, "A KILLER IS RIGHT BESIDE YOU. Yes, you heard right. A killer is hidden amongst the crowd."

Different groups of friends looked at one another with furrowed brows and some with half-opened red eyes.

"Aw, I'm so sorry to ruin your night with your one and only. But MY 'One and Only' sadly came with someone else tonight... and I'm not one bit happy about that."

A girl walked to the nearest door to her and banged on it. "What the fuck is this elaborate joke? You let me out!" She pointed her finger at the bouncer and demanded.

"Ma'am, you're gonna have to stop banging on the door and get back. We're warning you."

"Right now!" She kicked at the door and pulled on the bouncer's arm. The bouncer yanked back his arm and shot her point blank in the chest with his rifle, blasting her limp body into the frantic crowd. This, of course, garnered gasps and screams. The people who witnessed the assault with clarity ran to the front.

"NOW NOW EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN," the voice continued, and the alarm went off once more. Everyone was screaming and rushing to get to someone.

About five armed bouncers circled the crowd and pointed their rifles at them. "EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN OR WE WILL SHOOT!" one bouncer declared.

"ALL OF YOU! GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR, NOW!" another shouted. The bouncers finally dominated a crowd of nearly a hundred. Everyone got down to the floor, and others began crying while the rest were still too high or drunk to realise that this was real life.

The alarm was then replaced by the same eerie voice, "DON'T WORRY, you all will get to walk out and live....

"ONLY IF my one and only or 'The One' walks out of here... AGAIN, you all will only be able to walk out and live IF 'The One' walks out first.

"All you've got to do is walk up to a guard nicely and ask to be let out. ONE AT A TIME, though. Sounds easy, right?

"BUT WAIT, there's more. 'The One' does NOT know that he or she is indeed 'The One'. Only I know, of course, unless... you're convinced that it could be you..." The voice trailed off with a sinister chuckle. 

In no time, a man with a balding head decidedly walked up to a guard. "Please. Let me out?" the man reluctantly asked. With the guard's tech, the man was first identified, then led to a door, and was indeed let out.

More gasps and whispers emerged from the crowd.

"OH!" the voice spoke once more, startling everyone. "But, of course, there's a catch... " With this, a bouncer or guard searched the crowd, seemingly someone in particular. He was found in less than a minute, and his identity was confirmed by the guard with a thorough glimpse at his device.

The guard ordered him to stand. He reluctantly rose and was harshly pulled to the side. Not another second was wasted before the guard went ahead and blasted the boy's head off.

"OH, MY GOD!" A woman shrieked. The traumatising sight earned another rise of panic from the crowd but was interrupted by the voice.

Booming even louder, the voice continued, "EVERYBODY, let me explain clearly what you had just witnessed. So... if someone attempts to leave BUT is NOT 'The One', their partner—whoever they came here with today—shall be EXECUTED."

Meanwhile, a girl whispered to her boyfriend lowly and shakily, "Cal... The man who got out... he's calling the police by now, right?" Utterly scared for her life, she needed some reassurance as she was damn well sure this was going to be her last day.

"It would be fucking stupid if he doesn't... ugh, fuck." His anxiety fogging up his brain, despite the positive possibility his girlfriend just suggested.

The voice continued, "You have an HOUR to find 'The One'... hope you aren't too sick of that phrase yet... as your life literally depends on having him or her walk out...BEFORE I blow each one of you to BITS."

People's yelps intensified and every one frantically cried to their partners on what they should do about the current situation.

They were then hushed by the guards and the voice wrapped it up, "TO SUM IT ALL UP, have 'The One' walk out of here, oh-- but MAKE SURE that he or she is indeed 'The One' for there are dire consequences if they are not truly my one and only...

And the ultimate consequence, of course, being this whole place GOING DOWN like you youngsters always say.

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to approach any of the guards. They have my strict permission.

Good luck, and your hour begins now..."

With that, a digital clock appeared on the massive LCD on stage. By all accounts, counting down to everyone's doom.

00:59:59

⠀ •°•°•°

pls comment and vote if you're liking or at least able to understand the story so far .xx