I'm Not Human 2 - Roman x Virgil

Start from the beginning

"Why?" Roman wondered, cocking his head. "Christmas is the best!"

Virgil sighed, pushing the food away and leaning on the table instead. "Roman..." he began, choosing his words carefully.

"What would you...do..if I...left?" Virgil wincing slightly, not being very discreet at all. Roman paused his movements, swallowing his food slowly.

"No, you know what? It doesn't matter"

"No no, what do you mean?"

"It's just-..." he sighed, shaking his head. "What would you do?"

"I would try and find you and not stop until I do"

Virgil smiled a weak smile, eyes meeting with the man he loved. "And what if you never found me?"

"I would never forgive myself"

Virgil dropped his head, a hand resting on his own. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No" Virgil lied. "I just wanted to know"

"Well now you know...so eat for me, okay?" Virgil nodded and they ate their food in silence, after Roman busied himself with work while Virgil fell asleep on their shared bed, crushing guilt and sadness making it quite hard. 

The next morning Virgil woke first, he shuffled out of Romans grasp, replacing himself with a pillow.

Padding through the halls he passed a maid who stopped him. "Is this yours? I found it in the back of the washroom" she explained, holding up an old jacket...huh, Virgil forgot about that.

"Yeah...thanks"

"I washed it, and found this" she handed him Romans file. "Did you read it?" He asked, grasping it tightly. She shook her head, "no! I respect your privacy" Virgil nodded, thanking her before carrying on down the hall.

He quickly flicked through the file, reading a few more things about Roman. Usually at the back was a loose reason why the person deserved death even if it was usually a stupid reason, he read it anyway.

Eight years old - didn't stop a murderer from killing his parents

Scoffing, Virgil hid the file in his jacket. He was told of the death of Romans parents by Roman himself, they both got a little emotional that day.

The days before Christmas whizzed by, before Virgil knew it it was already Christmas Eve...the night before he was supposed to kill Roman.

He fell asleep last, making sure all maids were in their rooms before slowly walking to Romans - and his own - room, standing in the cracked open doorway, looking at his love sleeping soundlessly on the bed.

He breathed in deeply. This is why he is here...this is what he was meant to do.

Standing next to the bed Virgil stared at his face, taking in the relaxed expression and feeling a trickle of a tear fall down his cheek. "I love you" Virgil whispered softly, clenching his hands for a few seconds.

They hovered over Romans cheeks, all he had to do was place them on his skin and he would be dead...not feeling any pain whatsoever.

Come on, Verge, come on...he urged himself silently, closing his eyes too.

"Virgil...?"

Virgils eyes snapped open, there was Roman staring up at him confused, rubbing his eyes. Recoiling his hands a sigh flew past his lips. "Why are you crying? What happened, Dearest?"

"Roman..." he breathed, voice breaking.

"Come here" Roman urged, Virgil made sure he wouldn't kill Roman accidentally before collapsing onto his lap, hiding his face in Romans neck and hugging the man tightly. "I'm sorry" Virgil whispered.

"But you did nothing wrong, Dearest"

"I have...so-so much" Virgil whispered, leaning back. "I'm about to kill you, Roman..." he murmured, eyes flicking between Romans eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Roman?" Virgil asked, clenching his hands behind Romans back.

"What?"

"I love you" he whispered, his arms shaking.

"I love you, too"

"And-and you know I'd do anything for you" he spoke, voice wavering.

"So would I, for you"

Virgils hands hovered over Romans cheeks once more, unbeknownst to him tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Tell me anything and I'd do it in a heartbeat" Virgil breathed quietly, Roman nodded, a little confused at this random little speech of his love.

"So, tell me" Virgils voice barely a whisper, his hands shaking violently.

"Tell me not to kill you"

"What...I'm confused, Dearest"

"Please" he choked back a sob, "tell me not to kill you!" He said louder, "Please!" He cried, hands so close to resting on his face.

"Virgil-"

"TELL ME!"

Flinching, Roman spoke. "Don't kill me!"

Pushing himself away Virgil fell to the ground, clenching his hands tightly as he cried. Roman picked him up and hugged him close, whispering things to help calm him down.

Christmas morning Roman awoke to an empty bed and a note, reading the note he burst into tears, his maids trying the best they could but Roman searched and searched, never did he find Virgil.

Virgil walked through Mr. Lucado's mansion, one thought set in his mind as he ignored the people's questioning stares and inaudible whispers.

Slamming open the doors to Mr. Lucado's office everyone in the room flinched and looked up at Virgil who marched over to Mr. Lucado. 

"I've always wanted to do this" Virgil hissed, his arm recoiling and his hand connecting to the side of Mr. Lucado's face, sending him to the ground, dead with a simple touch.

After that Virgil set off, making sure to keep away from any civilisation. It killed him to be away from Roman but this was for the best...he didn't know what he would do if he accidentally killed Roman...his true love.

Roman,
As you've probably noticed I'm not there. I left for awhile...I'm sorry if I don't come back but if I don't it means I'm dead. I wasn't honest to you about my past and I'm sorry...but you wouldn't understand, I can seriously harm you and this is the only way. If I ever come back it means I learned how to control myself...but you wouldn't understand, I hope to see you again, please don't search for me, if I don't come back find someone, okay? Find someone to live your life with, don't be alone, Promise?

I love you more than you can imagine

- Love, Virgil.

Ahem

I have an idea for like...a bonus part...of Virgil - after years - coming back to Roman? Course, only if you guys want it