Chapter One

Okay, so i have realised that i am not the greatest at writing in third person as this story originally was so i am editing it to first person I sincerely hope there is no confustion. 

Thanks for reading 

Jackie xx

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter One:

Beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeepppp

"You're listening to Radio 2 thanks for tuning in on this lovely Monday morning!! It's ten past seven now and we are talking to Jamie, who is doing something for the first time today!! Hello Jamie..."

That is what started my day everyday, well until I shut it up, but hey that can't be helped. Moaning, I sat up in my bed and stretched, making every bone in my back click into place. 

Ahh, that feels good. 

I look around my room that is being illuminated by the sun glaring into my room on this fine Monday morning in England. My purple silky curtains are blowing into my room knocking pots of pencils off my desk which is situated in front of my 4 windows. 

I look at my radio, in hope of finding that I can have five more minutes of bliss. But looking at the clock, I knew I had to get up. Groaning, I got up out of bed and stretched again. The radio started playing 'Spaceman' By the Killers, I love this song!!! I turn it up and start dancing and singing to it, on my way to the bathroom.

Once I am shower and refreshed I grab my clothes to get dressed in my lovely white fitted shirt bottle green shirt and tie as we as a bottle green blazer. Basically other than my shirt everything else I am wearing is green, even my socks. I yawn and sit down in front of my mirror, and try and bring a brush through my wild and untamed hair, everyone says how lucky I am to have curly hair, but they don't know haw much it hurts just to put a brush through it. After failing to tame my hair i simply stick it up in a bun on the top of my head, leaving just a few wisps of baby hair to frame my face. After that I grab my mascara, lap in on and head down the stairs. To see my dad sitting on a bar stool at the breakfast bar having his morning cup of coffee. He looks so tired my dad, he's a paediatrics doctor at Lexington Hospital and often does the graveyard shifts, I don't know why but at least I get to see him a bit more before he goes to work, 

''Hey Dad. Anything interesting happen at the hospital last night?'' I chirped, sounding a bit to happy for a Monday morning, even to myself. I want to be come a doctor, I'm actually taking my A-levels at school at the moment, I haven't got to the actual tests yet, I am just working towards them. But I hoping to come up with good high grades to get into a good University with a good medical programme.  

My dad laughs at my excitement showing his laugh lines and answers me.

"Sorry sweetheart, nothing out of the ordinary. Hospital life isn't like what you see on Casualty and Holby City, it's real people with real lives. And the scenarios on that show don't compare to what my colleagues and I do as a job, it's hard work." He says reminding me that I still have to work to get what I want. 

I grab a bowl and fill it with cereal, sitting across from my dad until I have finished and have to go. My best friend Charlie will probably be wanting a lift to school. As I grab all my school essentials, you know school bag, books, folders, phone and keys, I say by to my dad and head to the door.

But as I get there I notice that lay on the carpet is our mail, I pick them up and look through them. As I look through them I see the usual, mum and dads letters, some flyers for a pizza place, but I also find a letter addressed to me.

''Dad!" I shout, "Dad, i've got a letter here and it is addressed to me. What should I do with it.'' 

''Erm, open it?'' He shouts back sarcastically, ''I don't know Tatty, it's probably from a University, wanting to have you before anybody else, I wouldn't worry about it! Now hurry up, you are already late for school and you haven't even picked up Charlie yet!''

I look at the clock and realise that it is twenty to nine and school starts in ten minutes.

'Okay, bye dad, gotta go! Love you!'' I say all in one breath, and that was me, out of the door and into my car.  

I quickly arrive at Charlie's house and she's there waiting for me on her drive way as I pull up.  She lights up as soon as she sees me and sends me a big smile. Charlie is one of those annoying people that are constantly happy. She gets on my nerves sometimes with it, but that's what friends are for.

"Hello! Ready for another day of school?" She says as she gets in the car.

"Hell no, it's school." I say in response, she's used to this reaction from me, yes, I like school to a certain extent but no more than the next student whose under pressure from exams etc...

We witter on like this until I reach the school car park, where we both climb out and run in because we're late. I separate from Charlie as she goes to her Art lesson and I head to the maths corridor 

Heading off to a living hell...