Twenty Nine: Being Fair

Start from the beginning

But I have to be atleast sure my intestines is going to be fine.

"Err.. I'm not hungr--"

*Growls*

Stupid stomach.

Mom was eyeing on me and I nodded my head in confirmation.

This is a life and death situation, but I wouldn't want to risk my poor stomach from getting ulcer or something else more severe..

Mom's face brightened up, placing the two fried eggs on my plate, taking out the toasted bread from the toaster and pouring me a glass of milk.

I eyed on her, then down the plate.

She was watching my every move.

I reached for my fork and poked the fried egg white and glanced back at her.

I sliced a small piece of the egg..

(Play dramatic song here-)

Slowly..

Slowly... reaching in my mouth..

*Chomp*

"How is it?" Mom asked.

*Chew chew chew*

I was silent, I kept chewing and chewing.

"Is it bad again..?" Mom asked.

*Chew chew chew*

I swallowed the egg down my throat.

I was forcing myself to swallow it down.

I gulped down some milk and she waited patiently for my verdict.

I raised one hand and..

Her face brightened.

I put out a thumb's up.

It's actually really good.

Eggs perfectly fried, the flavor isn't quite there yet but it's edible this time.

I finished my toasts and milk, my mom still smiling at me.

"This is great! You finally said I did something good! Maybe I should stop learning and feed you eggs all day.."

"Mom! That's a bad idea!"

"Why? Wouldn't it be great? I won't be wasting ingredients and someone eats the food in this house. I'm so glad."

"Do you want me to die of egg overdose? Mom! The fact that you already learned something doesn't mean you should stop learning! Your eggs weren't perfect yet, I signaled a thumb's up because it is infact edible, but still lacking in flavor. You should try new recipes and even if you waste ingredients, you learn something new. Get it?"

My mom was shocked with my lecturing.

I thought so, it was too long.

I sighed and slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand.

"I understand!" Mom enthusiastically replied, tying her forehead with something like a cloth to symbolize she's determined or something.

It means "Fighting!". Something like that, *shrugs*.

"Anyway, I'm off to school."

"Okay, take care honey."

"I will."

I went out of the house and Tyler's waiting on the front door.

"You're wearing your uniform again?" He teasingly smirked, raising one eyebrow.