"Joy which kind body you get self? See as you just pass all those people like small winch while me I still dey dere dey say 'excuse me' to all these goats wey no dey hear word."

"You dey hear wen you dey dance for dance floor?" Joy asked as she hissed loudly at her.

"Abeg leave me jare." Grace laughed lightly. "Ifeoma how you na?"

"Fine."

"Wait o, did you finish all the drink I gave you?"

"Yes."

"Do you need another one?"

"Maybe."

"I will go and bring another one and you can go and take if you want more after that. You like it because it makes you forget your troubles right?"

"I guess so." Ifeoma murmured. "I feel a little lightheaded."

"That's the spirit!" Grace commended giving her a small slap on the back. "Oya Joy let us go and get more drinks."

"You go and get the drinks." Joy waved her away. "I think two guys in the crowd are calling me. Make I go check first, I will come back soon."

"Na you know." Grace said emotionlessly. "If dem like make dem use you for rituals. After all, na you dey go meet dem."

"Grace shut up and go bring the booze."

"Yes papa." She said, her tone laced with sarcasm.

"Do you want a drink?" A voice asked behind Ifeoma as soon as the girls were gone.

"No thanks I think I'm okay." Ifeoma replied but she couldn't see him clearly. His face was just a blurred picture in front of her.

"Why? Here have a drink." He said, pressing a glass of drink in her hand.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Tell me your name first."

"I'm Ifeoma."

A low chuckle erupted from his chest. "I know your name already. I just wanted to see if you were going to lie about it."

"How do you know me?"

"It's a secret angel."

"Oh you bought her a drink?" Grace asked behind Ifeoma. "Thank you."

"You welcome babe." He said as he gave her a kiss on her lips. Ifeoma couldn't see them, but she could hear the sounds of their kisses and annoying moans.

Grace pulled away from his lips for a mere second just to tell Ifeoma to drink up her wine. She told Ifeoma that she didn't want the strange but wonderful gentle-guy to be disappointed. Ifeoma listened to her and drank it up, after which she drank other glasses pushed to her too.

While Ifeoma became more thirsty for alcohol, Joy and the strange guy–that Ifeoma didn't know his name–conversed in hushed tones. Ifeoma couldn't hear the words they were saying, but even if she wanted to eavesdrop on their conversation, her brain was just too foggy to comprehend every bit. 

"What about her man?" Joy pointed at Ifeoma.

"I knock that one out with drinks first thing."

"Obinna, Obinna." Grace giggled. "But wait o, wetin you mean by knock out? I hope say you no go kill am o."

"How you reason me na? I no do reach dat level and moreover even if I wan kill the guy, no be for inside club I go do dat one. I just put drugs for e drink like I do for the girl although her own small pass and den I mix am with hot."