Pulling away and looking at me, he purses his lips. "Oh come on, wipe away that sad expression, we still have time before I leave. I'll be staying for a few days more so there's plenty of time to celebrate." He slides his arm around my shoulders as we head towards the main hall, the music and happiness soon surrounding us.

👑👑👑

I listen intently as my father and a few men that will surely become a part of my new royal council explain something to me, nodding my head while absently pinching my lower lip between my thumb and forefinger. The weight of my crown is felt on top of my head, constantly reminding me of my duties and my new position; I am the King, after all.

It turns out that now that I have not only Solis and Roseburne under my ruling, but Darkland as well, the entirety of my territory is so large it exceeds the limits of a kingdom. I'm the ruler of one entire empire which instantly places me on top of the power chain. At twenty-four years of age, I've become an emperor.

I'm absolutely terrified of that much responsibility, but I believe it is a good thing. Being overly confident would bring me nothing but failure. I already have plans on how to make my people's lives better and decrease poverty to the minimum, plus suggestions on how to stop the crime rate from growing from Amelia. After all, who knows how thieves think better than a former one?

An amused smile quirks my lips upward when I notice Niall and Silas strolling nearby, Silas' hand subtly brushing against Niall's. I believe they fear judgment that would surely come their way if they reveal their obvious feelings for each other, so they are keeping everything as private as possible. Instead of holding hands, they settle for lacing their pinky fingers, continuing with their walk.

When I see Zayn and Amelia walking side by side through the garden, I excuse myself from the conversation and make my way to them. I notice Amelia's expression is sad, but it quickly changes once she sets her eyes on me.

"Your Majesty," Zayn greets me formally and bows despite me warning him about it hundreds of times during the past few days. I understand he wants to show respect, but I make exceptions for the people I consider my family, at least when we are in private. He is wearing an eye patch over his left eye, a constant reminder of the battle he bravely fought in.

Amelia leans forward and kisses my cheek. "Busy day?"

"Yes, but I do have some time to spare," I reply, taking her hand in mine.

"Excuse me, I am going to check up on my angels," Zayn mumbles, talking about his wife and daughter. He bows once again and leaves the two of us alone.

"Is everything alright?" I brush my thumb over the top of Amelia's hand, referring to her previously sad mood.

She looks down, shrugging. "I went to visit Edward's grave."

I can't help but frown a bit, gulping. "Oh. Are you hurting badly because of his death?"

She sighs, gauging my reaction. "Edward saved me, Harry. I cared for him. And I feel sad that he died, that's it."

"And I will forever be grateful for what he did, for saving you. I'm sorry for being insecure, it's silly." Cupping the nape of her neck, I lightly press my lips against her forehead. "In a way, he is the reason I've decided to give pirates a chance to become a part of my navy, their past sins forgotten if they choose to ditch that lifestyle. They're all skilled sailors and know how to fight on sea. I'll make sure we have a strong defence against any possible attacks, I won't repeat my father's mistakes."

Amelia smiles softly. "I'm so proud of you."

"I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you." Lifting her hand to my lips, I press a lingering kiss on her knuckles. "You can start working on that new flag you mentioned. Remove the sun and add a rose, was it?"