Chapter 2- Nightmares (Keith's POV)

I sat in my bed looking at the screen of my phone waiting for a response.
'Surely one of my friends are up? I can't be the only one up at...'
I looked at the time and sighed.
'I'm screwed. School starts in four hours. Who in the existence of the human race stays up to four o'clock in the morning!!! On a school night? Morning? Oh stop thinking and sleep! Set an alarm for seven... go to bed.'
I set my alarm, or I thought so, as my eyes shut from the fatigue finally catching up to me.
Everything was hectic. I couldn't see anything.  I felt another blast hit Red and heard the others yelling something. I couldn't make it out. Well except the word Babe... was someone calling me babe? Why do I overthink even when i am dreaming?! I finally hear someone say fall back. It was a blur do to my weak breathing and all the screaming. Next thing i knew, Red and i had been grabbed by something. All i saw was the color blue. A little later, i was on what felt like cold ground. I sat up and heard someone with a very calming voice tell me to relax. Then i heard a shrieking noise and felt someone push me out of the way. My vision came back to me as i watched Lance fall toward the ground. I caught him before he could hit the ground. Tears filled my eyes.
"L-Lance..."
My voice was weak and breaking.
"Babe... don't leave me. I need you. Please."
I looked at him once again and saw his chest had stopped moving. Tears soaked my face as I buried it into his chest. I heard the others around me, but I couldn't make anything out.
I shot awake breathing heavily as I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and answered it.
"Yeah...?"
I could hear the tiredness in my voice.
"Hey Mr Keith Kogane! Where are you? School started ten minutes ago!"
I looked at my clock and jumped out if bed.
"Shit! Shit! Shit!"
Pidge's eye roll could nearly be heard through the phone. They had reason though.
"Keith you are lucky we both have a free hour/period before an actual class."
I put my phone on speaker mode as I grabbed a black tank top and black skinny jeans and started putting them on.
"Sorry Pidge! I was having trouble falling asleep and yeah... i will be there before second hour! Anyway what do we have?"
Pidge giggled like the little kid they were.
"Chemistry with a Mister McClain."
I froze.
'Why was that last name so familiar?'
I shrugged and finished getting dressed. I brushed my "mullet" as my friends called it and grabbed my red jacket that literally only covered my chest and arms. I got my motorcycle keys and helmet, threw on my black boots. I got my bag and dashed out of the room and passed my "brother", Shiro.
'Damn college students.'
I got on my motorcycle and started it. I pulled out of the driveway and down the road, dirt definitely being kicked up behind me. I pulled into the school as a blue Ferrari pulled in. I ignored it and parked. I sighed and removed my helmet shaking out the helmet hair that I knew I definitely had. I felt like I was being watched.