Chapter Forty

(A/N: Here we go! Go on and read and enjoy!

Percy: Is this the last chapter?

Me: I don't know. Is it?

Percy: I'm so nervous right now. Gah!

Me: chill. I may not ever kill you. We never know.

Percy: *gulp*

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

PERCY

The slap was hard and it still stung as i sat down. I was a little annoyed that Jason had to come now. But i didnt do a very good thing. I loved Kimberly. But i think she likes Jason. I shouldnt have kissed her back, even though she kissed me first! I was so confused that i didnt really know what to do. I just sat there, looking shocked. 

Thats when a loud scream erupted outside, followed by an explosion. The wall that held the bleachers exploded, causing pieces of bleachers to fly everywhere. The whole prom was in panic as everyone ran around to escape. I couldnt see much but I could hear enough to know where to escape too. 

A sound from above stopped me. It sounded like something ripping apart. I turned around and felt something grab me. Something gigantic grab me. It was slimy yet i didnt fall through. Wind rushed to my face as it yanked me up. Thats when it threw me. I felt myself falling until i landed hard on something. 

"Ah, Percy," a voice i knew all to well said, "we meet again."

Before i could respond, Rita knocked me out with her staff. 

JASON SCOTT 

"I'm so sorry, Jason!" Kimberly yelled, chasing me down the hall. 

I stopped walking and turned to her angrily. "Do you like him?" I asked, "and tell the truth." She faltered. That was all I needed to hear to continue walking. 

"I like him," she admitted, "but i like you too." 

I scoffed and turned around. "You cant have both of us, Kimberly!" I yelled at her. 

Right when I yelled that, a loud explosion sounded. I fell to the ground as a piece of debris flew at me, scratching some of my neck. Another explosion happened not soon after. I looked up to see the roof of the building being torn off and thrown back. Above was Goldar with Rita riding on his shoulder and beside them was some other guy I didnt know. 

Goldar reached down into the gym and picked someone up. I didnt see who until he dropped the person onto his shoulder. It was Percy!

I jumped up right as the hallway was overrun with Putties and people were running for their lives. I looked for Kimberly but I couldnt find her anywhere. The crowd was practically pushing me backwards. 

"KIMBERLY!?" I screamed but the screams of people in the crowd drowned it out. I pushed through them, heading towards the gym but I couldnt see her. She was gone.

NATHAN

I watched as Annabeth slept. So beautiful and innocent. All tied up, chained to a wall with a pretty little red bow on her head. Beside her, a dreadful looking boy named Percy. He snores when he sleeps and it's annoying. I wished the Minotaur hadn't knocked Annabeth out so hard. She had a gigantic red bloody gash on the side of her head. And Goldar dropped Percy too softly. Yes, he looked bruised, but he didnt look as bad as Annabeth. 

Annabeth started to stir a little. I smiled as her eyes fluttered open. She looked around the room and her eyes landed on me. Then they narrowed.