10

Silence amongst the three girls as the arena boomed. None of them knew what to say. For months, Alex and Marina had been telling Leah to go for Jo. Neither knew he had a girlfriend. Alex was almost mad that Nathan didn't tell her about Jo's relationship status. She knew it wasn't his place to tell her though, but he could have told her to not get Leah's hopes up.

The Mooseheads came on the ice after their introductions. They shot on net for a bit. Leah sat with the jersey she had bought in her lap. Alex frowned at Jo, who had noticed, and just kept hitting a single puck against the boards. Nathan skated past him after a drill he'd finished. He frowned at his friend, looking up to the girls. He met Alex's eyes. He looked from her to Leah, then to Jo. He looked back at her and she nodded. He smiled at her before skating off.

"Put the jersey back on." Alex said, unbunching it. "He may be an asshole but he still needs the support."

"And he isn't happy with his girlfriend." Marina added. Leah cocked a brow at her as she slid on her jersey. "If he was happy with her, he wouldn't have made that comment and he wouldn't flirt with you all the time."

Alex nodded. "She's so right." She said to herself.

Leah stood, walking down the the glass. She tapped on it, right in front of Jo. He looked up, his eyes wide. She waved him over. He stood, taking off his helmet so he could hear. He pressed his ear to the glass.

"I'm still here to cheer for you." She yelled.

He shook his head. "I can't hear you."

She rolled her eyes. She looked to her left and saw a door. She tilted her head to it, walking over. Jo glided over. She opened it and he stepped off the ice. He towered her. The height difference was the same as Nathan and Alex's. She gave him a small smile. He returned it.

"You put the jersey back on." He said, surprised.

"I was trying to tell you that." She smirked. "I want you to know that I'm still here for you and it's whatever if you have a girlfriend. I can still be a friend."

"I'm not happy with her." He blurted. "I hardly talk to her, I just don't know how to end it."

She shook her head. "Tell her that and she'll end it." She chuckled.

"If I do it after this game, can I take you out after?" He asked.

Leah laughed again. "I guess, but you might not be done till late if you win." She stated.

"Then I guess we'll have to find somewhere open late." He grinned.

"Good luck." She called as she walked back to her seat.

Alex and Marina watched her like hawks. She came back and sat between them. They stared at her, waiting for her to tell them what happened. She just sat with a small grin and watched the teams. Alex and Marina looked to the ice to find Jo interacting with his team. They looked at each other then to Leah.

"Alright, spill." Marina nudged her.

"He told me he isn't happy with her but doesn't know how to end it with her." Leah spoke. "And then he said he'd do it after the game and he asked me out."

The girls did their share of gawking before Nathan's family showed up. Sarah sat beside Alex and squeezed hehe hand. Alex smiled at her. She said hi to Kathy and Graham as well. The anthem was sung before the teams lined up. Nathan and Jo were both starting. Nathan glided to the centre. Alex grabbed Sarah and Leah's hands. He won it.

The end of the first has Halifax up 3-0. Stephen MacAulay opened the scoring for them. Stefan took the liberty of scoring a goal and getting an interference call. Jo had scored a goal of the rebound of a beautiful breakaway from Nathan. Leah cheered loudly for Jo. Sarah cocked a brow at Alex, suggest Leah's action. Alex just shook her head.