25

"What?" Alex furrowed her brows when she pulled open her door.

Tyson, Gabe, and Matt were standing in front of her. They all smiled before they filed in. They all found spots to sit, leaving Alex's spot, surrounded by books, for her. She walked back to her spot and sat down. She looked around at the three guys. This was some girl's fantasy and right now, Alex was living it. She didn't want to be though. She wanted to do her homework in peace. She took a deep breath.

"Why are you here?" She asked, her eyes squeezed shut.

"We had some off time and wanted to hang out." Tyson shrugged.

"With me?" She quizzed. They nodded. "For what reason?"

"You're the only girl we know who can handle our shit. We need that." Gabe frowned.

"Because I was surrounded by a team of boys for two years of my life." She growled.

"Exactly!" He exclaimed.

"Which means I don't want to be again." She stated.

All their faces fell. Alex started laughing. Truth be told, they were a fun team. She didn't mind being around them, so long as she avoided Nathan. She didn't have much luck with that. He was always around, he didn't necessarily approach her or try and chat with her, but he was around which still brought her discomfort. Once, Tyson even brought him to Kya's and told him that across the hall was Alex's room. Not what she wanted.

"You're so mean. I am so sick of your dry ass humour." Tyson whined.

"I love it." Matt shrugged.

"Example A of why Matt is my favourite." She said as she pointed to him.

"Don't act like you have more than one reason for it!" Gabe yelped.

"I can give you two more right now." She spat.

"Do it, right now." He challenged.

"He went third overall,"

"I went second!" Gabe cried.

"I went third round." Tyson defended.

"Fine, he's actually Canadian,"

"So am I!" Tyson shouted.

"His birthday is the same month as mine," She smirked.

"You aren't even the same zodiac sign." Gabe crossed his arms.

"He doesn't act like a child like either of you." She finished. "Oh, look, five reasons."

"First of all, two didn't count. Second of all, I-" Tyson stopped.

"Good one." She mocked.

For the next few weeks, the three, or sometimes just two, or just one, but sadly, never just Matt, would come to Alex's to hang out. They worked around their preseason schedule. She even agreed to come to one of them. She was currently staring down the MacKinnon jersey hanging in her closest. She could ask one of the guys to grab her a different jersey, or she could not be an inconvenience and just take this one. She argued the pros and cons. Pros: already have jersey. Cons: jersey is douchebag ex's. She decided.

The four girls made their way to the back of the arena where Ryan had instructed them to go. Alexa preached to them that followed his directions would only get them harmed or lost, but Kya reassured them that Tyson said to go here as well. They waited for a bit before the door open. Security let them in, checked all their things, and instructed them where to go. Tyson, Ryan, Gabe, and Matt were waiting for them. They all greeted each other. Alex made special gagging noises when Tyson and Kya kissed. Tyson ruffled her hair before he registered her jersey.