Chapter 11

*I do not condone or encourage underage drinking and partying. This is a work of fiction and my imagination.

*This chapter contains foul language (if you don't like it, go away)

Edited (8/28/16)

<><><><><><><><>

Chapter Eleven

"...And so I had to call his mom again because I didn't know how to handle him!" A pack member by the name of Cheryl laughed loudly.

"There weren't many people who could, Cherry," Howl answered her while keeping a firm hand on my waist.

"Only Paige's mother and your own, dear," Cherry reminded him, "Your father even had a hard time keeping up with your rambunctious self." I grinned widely, loving the dirt people were more than willing to dish out on my mate.

"I can't argue with that," Howl shrugged, "Well, if you'll excuse us. We need to make some more rounds." Howl excused us, pulling me close as we left the group and walked off.

Howl sighed in relief while tugging at his tie, "Spirits, I always forget just how many people there are to talk to."

"I can see how you'd forget," I spoke, watching the sea of people chatter about. There was a buffet style table lining two entire walls and people both stood and sat around, conversing with light chatter.

"And I hate hearing those stories about how 'when I was just a boy.' It's like they forget that I'm going to be there Alpha one day."

"I enjoy them actually."

"I'm sure you do," Howl easily caught onto my mischievous tone.

"It's nice hearing how rambunctious you were as a kid. People clearly love you," I rubbed his chest comfortingly, "Besides, it's a nice change of pace from my old pack. We- I- never had anything like this. It was such a miserable place to be."

"How can you say that with a straight face," Howl asked me, his dark brow crinkled with sadness. I shrugged.

"It's in the past now, you're my future," but my mind couldn't help but stray momentarily to the thought of someone somehow finding out where I was. I flicked the thought from my mind, choosing to stay optimistic.

Howl kissed my temple as we walked, taking two flutes of champagne off of a tray and offering me one. I took it in my hand and Howl held his out, allowing me to tip mine against his in a toast.

"To our future," Howl whispered in my ear, causing me to grin like a fool. Needless to say I could drink to that.

"Excuse us," A voice chirped from behind us and we turned to see a very beautiful and petite woman standing beside of a broad shouldered man. His royal blue eyes were instantly recognizable to me, along with the woman's familiar face.

"Mum," Howl exclaimed, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Son, we've been impatiently waiting for you to make your rounds with the pack, hoping that you would come and greet us as well. What are you trying to do, keep your mate all to yourself," His mother teased, her hazel eyes shining like beacons as she eyed me with a smile.

"Of course I was. I was afraid that you might overbear her with your bubbly personality, I was saving her."

"You make me sound like a terrible person," She pouted, but not for long, the smile replacing it once again.

"Of course not, Mum," Howl consoled, "I was just teasing."

"I knew that. Now, hurry and properly introduce us!" she almost bounced in place and I found myself both slightly overwhelmed but my mood elevated just by being in her presence.