Chapter 9

Kind of a laid back, romantic chapter before we start getting into the drama >:) Enjoy!

Usure Yuku Omoide *(Mix) - HDSounDI

Edited (8/14/16)

<><><><><><><><>

Chapter Nine

There was a time, not long ago, where I felt as if I would forever be trapped in a place of darkness that I would never be able to escape; one of hate and loneliness. I couldn't see that light I had always dreamed of laying eyes on.

But then one day it happened. I was released from that prison that bound me to an ugly fate. If I thought hard enough, I could still feel that exhilaration mingled with fear of the unknown. Leaving a life that was all I had ever known was troublesome for me. From that point on I had to fend for myself, if something were to happen to me, would anyone even know?

Would anyone even care?

That is what scared me the most: The unknown. Though I knew that I couldn't stay with my father's pack and just resign myself to a fate that could only end badly, not if I could help it.

So I ran. I ran so hard that the soles of my feet blistered and my legs grew numb. I was scared, that's all I was. A lonely little girl who didn't know how to live

So fate sent me Howl. That's what I believe. I think that by running from one fate it released me into the arms of another. This time, instead of abhorrence, acceptance was there. Instead of loneliness, love embraced me. This is why I felt that I had to take this risk. I was tired, so tired, of feeling depressed for myself. the weight of the world pressing on my shoulders. Now, I wanted to share that burden with someone, with Howl. Not because I couldn't carry it, but because he had asked if I needed help, taking it off of me and onto himself, sharing the burden.

Maybe that was selfish of me, I'm not sure. But I knew now that if he were to ask me to help him, I would gladly take that unbearable weight off of his shoulders and onto mine. Because that was a part of having a lover, at least that is what I was beginning to see.

So, I told Howl about myself, about my horrible past and how I had run from it. About my pack and how my father was desperate to find me so that he could have the treasure locked inside of me.

"So your necklace can't be removed," Howl asked, lifting a finger to inspect the small padlock pressed against my throat, "Or else Lupus will be unleashed." I nodded.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen, but Lupus has told me that if my father ever attempts to remove it to fight for my life."

"So...Lupus? He talks to you?"

"Yes. We have a connection similar to that of our wolves. I'm very attached to him," I was brushing my fingers through my tail as I spoke. Howl seemed very intrigued by my words and after eyeing me for a minute he seemed to come to a decision because a smile graced his handsome face.

"So my mate has wolfy traits, how lucky am I," He grinned, stepping up to me. I sputtered at his words. He felt... lucky? Before I could say anything, I watched as Howl became a little shy, averting his eyes.

"Can I...touch?"

I was still reeling by his favoritism of my physical wolf characteristics to give him a reply. He seemed to take this as a yes, because slowly he reached a hand up and I felt a slight brush along the ridge of my left wolf ear. I blushed profusely and tried my best to hold still as a shudder of pleasure tingled down my spine. My ears were sensitive, so to have his hands rub them felt good.