"blah blah blah."

"You are so childish."

"And you are very old. I think you need to make an exorcism and take the old woman that hidden inside you.

"Very funny!"

The descent of the hill made Ben's wheelchair gain a little more speed. I opted to guide it, but Ben refused my help. I was trying to keep up with him. Was it my impression or was his wheelchair going faster than usual? I saw myself chasing desperately for Ben. I screamed hysterically for his name, while the people passed by us horrified by the scene. A teenager was chasing another teenager in a wheelchair.

"The wheelchair is out of control, Elle!" Ben screamed while the wheelchair had a crush when passed in a hole in the sidewalk. I was watching his body shake without me being able to do anything. The descent ended in another street. Many cars were passing by there at the time, making my heart speed up together with Ben's wheelchair. I was sweating cold; I knew that was not right to go out with him without a responsible person.

Before of entering the street, Ben abruptly brake the wheelchair. I sighed in relief and ran to him. I was trying to catch my breath when Ben looked at my sad situation. His eyes were mocking, and Ben began to laugh loud, those laughs that make your belly ache. He would put his hand on his stomach every time he looked at me and giggled. That is when I realized that his wheelchair was not out of control, but that he played a joke on me.

I was indignant with his stupid joke. I wonder if he were not able to act as a reasonable person for at least one minute. If something went wrong, what would happen? My heart bled just for think of this possibility. I let anger dominate me and punched him in the shoulder, making him stop with his fit of laughter immediately.

"Why did you do that?" He said running his hand over his arm.

"You scared me."

"Did you have to hit me?"

"I was worried about you," I turned my back on Ben. I feel his hand touch mine. His hand was hot, he intertwined our fingers, and I slowly turned to look shyly at his affectionate gesture.

"It was not so bad. You enjoy some drama. I was just having fun."

"Is there no other way for you to do this?" I looked at his hand, and I remember that he still was holding my hand. Ben released my hand and was suddenly shy. He did not look me in the eye and moved on. I followed him without saying a word.

The sky was overcast, but this does not impede the children come to the square to play. People work out in the public spaces of the square, some preferred go for a walk, and others walked with their dogs.

Ben and I were under a tree. I sat on the floor, while he put a song on his cell phone. Ben was silent, what was not familiar to Benjamin that I met some days ago. He seemed to think about something. Occasionally he looked down and looked at me with an interrogative way.

"Any problem?" I asked while writing some notes in my notebook.

"I'm hungry," I knew that was not the hunger that bothered Ben; I let him think that he had deceived me. I took a can from inside the backpack. I opened it and gave a sandwich to Ben.

"What bothers you, Ben?"

"The piece of lettuce that is stuck in my tooth," He smiled showing me, I did not hold back the laughter.

"You're hopeless."

I felt a raindrop fall on my face, what was already expected since everything indicated it would rain. I take my things quickly, and we went looking for a place to shelter us from the rain. We did not walk much but was enough to get us wet. We were under an awning of a store waiting for the storm to pass. Ben predictably found it funny.

"How do you feel?"

"Wet," I gave a light push on his shoulder. "It's late."

"I think it is better to call your mother and ask her came and got us."

"You can be sure that this will not be a good idea," Ben seemed tired and bored. I do not like when he appeared bored with my presence. "But I think I have no choice."

While it was raining, Ben called to his mother. Although the noise of rain falling on the roofs of houses and shops, it is possible to listen to the exalted voice of Ben's mother. I moved away from him a little, trying does not embarrass him, while his mother screamed at him on the cell phone. He stopped talking suddenly; I think he hangs up on her.

He does not seem the Ben of a few hours ago, suddenly he was silent, and his quizzical expression turned into something unconditionally sad. He stared at the floor, his hands were resting on his lap, I felt a tremendous urge to hug him, but my lack of courage prevented me from doing so.

Ben's mother arrived some minutes later. That sweet woman that I had known did not exist at that moment. She got out of the car and did not worry about bringing an umbrella. I can say that she was angry. Was she furious with Ben? Not exactly. It was with me that she was angry. Benjamin got in the car tailored to his condition. His mother activated the ramp.

Ana closed the car's door and stared at me with anger. She was as wet as I was.

"Do you have any idea how bad your idea might have been to Benjamin?" She asked me frowning.

"The idea hasn't hers," Ben opens the window of the car not worrying about what the rain could cause in its interior.

"I'm sorry. I should not have gone out with him without your order."

"Don't apologize, Elle. I forced you to come. Get in the car, now!"

"No, thanks! I'd rather walk," I said turning my back on them and heading toward my house.

"Elle, it's raining a lot," Ben screamed.

I followed my way to get home quickly. It was raining harder. I did not know how this could get worse.

When I got near my house, a car swiftly passed beside me, giving me a mud bath. Everything was already wrong, and this guy had to make my situation worse. I wanted to curse him, but I took a deep breath. I was already wet.

At home, I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. While I was drying my hair, I thought in the stupid way that Ben's mother talked to me. She did not even offer me a ride. I lay down early trying to forget about my terrible evening.