-Chapter Seventeen- The End of Exam Shock

The exams continued. Lena found the exams went alright for her but she fretted over the results. She particularly struggled with Astronomy. Marcus seemed to get more stressed as well as the week progressed. Even Joshua was quieter and more focused but he was more chilled about the exams than Lena and Marcus were. Lena envied his cool about it all. The next Monday, they had their Transfiguration and Herbology theory tests and then it was over. To celebrate, they went outside on Tuesday and enjoyed the sunshine while talking over summer holiday plans.

"My family always go on holiday somewhere nice and sunny. I think maybe Spain would be cool. Or Mexico maybe. Or even Florida. You know there's this really small all magical village in Florida where the spells are cast so thickly that muggles have no chance of entering!"Joshua continued to go on about his various holiday ideas while Lena turned him out, lying down on the grass and stared at the clouds above. It truly was going to be a lovely summer.

"What about you two?" Joshua asked, an edge of annoyance to his tone overtheir ignorance. Marcus had been reading a letter he had got from his mother at the breakfast table.

"My family don't go anywhere on holiday." He seemed depressed over the fact. Lena frowned in thought, still looking up at the sky.

"Mine neither. We just visit family every now and again." Joshua dug into his school bag and took out the Daily Prophet. More deaths had occurred, always with half magical families including muggleborns, half-bloods or muggles married into magical families.

"There's still no progress over this," Joshua said, waving the newspaper at them. Marcus took it from him and scanned the front page.

"Ten families dead now. Maybe Hogwarts would be a nicer option this summer."

"If it was an option." Lena put in. A shadow crossed over her face and she blinked at the sudden loss of the sun. She quickly sat up and saw Professor Percy Weasley. Joshua dropped the newspaper in surprise.

"Professor?" He looked absolutely neutral, no expression whatsoever. Maybe some concern in his eyes.

"Miss Lupin, could you come with me, please? And Mr Davies and Mr King, you are to go to the Great Hall immediately." All three of them jumped up, grabbing their bags. Marcus and Joshua were casting Lena odd and confused glances. She shrugged at them, her heart pounding. This couldn't be good. Had she failed all her exams? But she had revised so hard! Professor Weasley turned and headed back to the castle. Lena, Marcus and Joshua followed. In the Entrance Hall, Marcus and Joshua waved a confused goodbye to Lena who followed Professor Weasley up the stairs. They continued up the Headmaster's study where the gargoyle leapt aside without a password. Up the stairs and into the office where Lena stopped at the entrance to the office. Professor Weasley continued until he was at his desk but Lena was stood frozen. This could not be good. In the office was Professor Flitwick who almost seemed out of place due to the fact that Lena's family within Hogwarts were gathered there. Professor Percy Weasley was of course there too but also was Professor Audrey Weasley who was sat at the desk, looking pale. Professor James Potter was there too, tapping his wand against his leg and looking directly at Lena with a pained expression. Fred Jr was there, sat in a chair near the cauldron of Wolfsbane Potion and had his head in his hands. Finally, Louis was there too and this is what struck Lena because he had his head bent, staring at the floor but he had tears streaking down his face.

"What is going on?" Lena asked in a shaky voice.

"Lena...You are aware of the murders that have been occurring over the past few months now?" Percy asked. Lena shook her head, not as an answer to his question but in denial.

"No."

"Lena, wait. As far as we are aware, no one is dead."

"Who?" But of course, she already knew.

"The neighbours heard Nathan this morning. He was crying and was dirty. A sign of a severe struggle. Victoire and Teddy are gone. Nathan had a cut to his cheek but he's alright."

"What do you mean... Gone?" Lena felt weak. Her heart didn't seem to be beating anymore. Her breathing was shallow.

"Teddy turned up for a morning shift at the Ministry yesterday. He left at lunchtime when his shift ended. That was the last time he was seen. He was supposed to be in all day today but didn't turn up for work."

"No. No. No!" Lena was gasping for breath now. Her head was whirling around like she had been spinning around too fast. The room seemed to be spinning too.

"Lena. Lena, it's going to be okay!" Audrey said, jumping to her feet. Lena blacked out but not before she heard someone say,

"She's going to pass out."

She woke up on the floor of the study, unsure of how long she had been out for. Above her, anxious faces looked into hers. Her head was on James' lap. He looked anxious.

"What's happening?" She whispered to him. James brushed the tears from her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, baby." She closed her eyes as the tears continued to fall.