The Sleepover, Coming To Theatres Near You -Chapter Five

Alphys wasn't planning on staying, but she didn't want to be all alone. In that empty apartment. The atmosphere wasn't the same without Undyne. It was cold and lonely. Just like the lab had used to be. The only company was the amalgamations and the crippling guilt of her mistakes. And occasionally Undyne would pop by. Those were her favorite days, but she knew she didn't deserve them. After she had returned the poor souls to their families, she had felt so much better. Undyne had helped her.

And she had tried her best to return to normal, and stop thinking about her mistakes. Their families weren't mad. The amalgamates were for the most part happy, happier than they had been when Alphys had kept them locked in that awful place. So Alphys was happy, happy she could finally lose the burden. But she didn't want to be alone.

Sans was the opposite, he didn't want to be there at all. He constantly stared longingly at his room. His room which held the relief of solitude. But his friends wouldn't let him leave, even if he did up and leave, Frisk would probably find some way of properly motivating him.

Toriel had told Papyrus to get Frisk to bed at a reasonable time, It was already reasonably late after Toriel and Asgore left, it was about nine thirty right now. They had about an hour before Sans was free. And they had not yet figured out sleeping conditions.

Instead, they had busied themselves with karaoke. None of them were really all that good, but Papyrus looked like he was having fun. Frisk had also sung a couple of songs, they had been happy and upbeat, much like Papyrus's taste in music. It was disgusting. 'you're one to talk.'

Frisk was laying on the couch, she looked pretty tired. Papyrus mentally scolded himself, was nine thirty a reasonable time? Papyrus had been so caught up in all the fun they had been having, he had forgotten to set up something so that they could sleep. Undyne and Alphys didn't look tired, he could get them to help him out. Suddenly the best idea came to him. Undyne and Alphys were sitting on the couch next to Frisk, Sans was sitting at the foot of the couch even though there was plenty of room left to sit on the sofa. He was too lazy to do even that. Papyrus sighed to himself, it seemed the night was coming to an end, but not if Papyrus could help it.

Papyrus stomped valiantly up the stairs, Sans watched him confused as he receded into his room. Alphys was on her phone, probably on undernet. Undernet had become big with the humans as well and now housed both species. Alphys seemed to spend a lot of time on it. Undyne was sitting beside her, staring over her shoulder watching her every move. Alphys looked a little annoyed at her gesture.

Frisk was laying on the couch staring at him. Sans met her eyes for a second before looking away as quickly as he could shuttering at her intense gaze. He could still feel her eyes on his back as he hugged his knees and started rocking again. 'That look on her face, that's the expression of a ruthless killer' Sans did not need to be told twice.

Papyrus came running down the stairs, he was in his pajamas, and was carrying as many pillows and blankets as he could. Sans already knew what was coming. He unloaded the pillows onto Undyne and Alphys, who both made mock sounds of distress, while Frisk scooted closer to the other side of the couch. Sans was unaffected by the pillow tsunami. His eyes drooped closed, and he knew he wouldn't be slipping away anytime soon.

"LET US CONSTRUCT A FORT!"Papyrus said, his pajamas not letting him look anything but silly. They used to do this all the time when they were little, it was a way to get Papyrus to finally stop bouncing off the walls. Sans didn't mind, it wouldn't take that long to get this over and done, he just needed to be patient.

"A fort?" Alphys questioned, digging through the pillows in search of her phone. Undyne was grinning beside her.

"I am so pumped!" Undyne said bouncing up from the couch, pillows, and blankets falling to the ground in her wake. Alphys giggled.