Ten

Kyan

These past weeks went like a blur to me, but one thing is for sure. Jen became a part of my circle and both of my bestfriends really like her company. So who am I to argue?

She's a bit weird sometimes though, she's a care free girl and a very joyful person but there are times that she'll suddenly say serious things out of nowhere.

And Kai? She's been missing for a week now and I don't know what was happening to her. We've been skipping our tutorials and she's been getting behind with our lessons. I'm wondering what's happening to her, is she okay? What's the reason why she's not attending school? Is she sick? Or maybe she met an accident?

I'm lost at my thoughts when someone nudge me, and that made me come back to my senses. "Yes?" I asked, looking at Jen. She look back at me, shook her head and then gave me a warm smile.

"Nothing, but you're spacing out. Are you okay?" She said, still looking at me with worry evident in her eyes. I sighed and nodded in response.

I don't feel like talking today. Kai's behavior since the last time we've seen each other is bothering me. It's weird for her to react like that all of a sudden. Besides, she doesn't care. Why would she act hurt and all that? That's ridiculously unbelievable.

I can't understand myself anymore. One moment, my heart is fluttering because of Jen, then being insane because of Kai's actions next. What the hell? This is just two girls, why am I even making it a big deal this much?

"Kyan." Danielle called me, and that made me met her gaze with my eyes questioning. She sighed then said. "Nothing, just be okay."

Kael smirked then added, "What she meant by that, Ky. Is don't think about Kai too much. We all know she's been skipping school but there's nothing we can do about it." He said stating a fact.

Well, he's right. There's nothing we can do with this situation, but I'm just delaying my agony. I want it done as soon as possible, but fate isn't at my side, I suppose. Because he's prolonging this trial when all I ever want is to finish this, so I could start avoiding her and move on. She moved on from her life, I must too.

More days passed and Kai is still not attending school that many are already asking questions. I'm on a scheduled check up on the hospital, since my operation succeeded my parents see to it that I do a check up at least twice a month. They just don't want to see me as before that's why they worry too much.

I was sitting at the bench in the hall, waiting for my turn. I really hate consultations, or maybe I just really hate hospitals. I never learned to appreciate this ambiance ever since I'm in and out of here.

While waiting for my turn, my eyes caught a girl being pushed on a wheelchair. I feel shocked, seeing her in here is a nostalgic feeling for me. Well, why not? I met her here and seeing her again in the same state is just unbelievable to me. I've seen her strong! So what the hell is this?

I stood up and walked towards her, "Kai?" I called her. The nurse stopped pushing the wheelchair as she looked at me with shock in her face. "What are you doing here? Why are you on that wheelchair?" I asked, wanting to get an answer as fast as I could.

"Check-ups." She said half-heartedly. I know she's lying. She looks pale and weak. No one would ever believe that lame excuse that she's here for a check-up.

I looked at her seriously, "You don't look like someone who's just doing a check-up in here. Well, I am. So in comparison, you look worse." I said, feeling pissed because she can't even tell me the truth.

"Kyan, don't worry. I'll be out as soon as you know it. I promise. Sorry that we had to delay the tutorials." She answered, with a smile on her face. And that made me hope, that whatever she's going through right now, she'll get through it because she is strong.

I stared at her face for a moment, counting the changes that I can see on her being. There's too many, that I can't count. Yes, she is still the positive girl that I know, she's still strong. But there's something different. And I don't like to feel that 'different' because it feels like a bad thing.

I forced a smile on my face, she's been my reason to fight before. I must man up and made myself a reason for her to fight. I might be an asshole for getting mad at her, but after all that she's someone who made me fight for my life even once in my life. And for that, I must be one for her too.

"Alright, Kai. I'll believe on your promise this time. So don't just say it. Do it. Be well, and get out of here. We'll be waiting for you. I'll be waiting. See you at tutorials." I said with a smile, my eyes full of hope. I just wished it'll reach her. "Fight your illness, whatever it is. You're a strong girl remember?" I added.

I hope she'll be well, she need to.