Eight

Kyan

The pressure has been taking its toll on me. I'll be performing next and I can't think straight because there's too much crowd. I didn't expect this many will participate in our music festival. Cause usually no one really gives a crap about this event specially when there's no one famous included in it.

I took a deep breath and try to psych myself up. Thinking it would help me loosen up. Kyan you can do this, you just have to go out there and sing your heart out, okay?

'I hope this necklace gives you luck. A king's crown for my little king. Break a leg, Kyan!'

A certain message suddenly flashed in my mind, and that helps me to calm even for a bit. I was already on standby, when I heard the performer on the stage say thanks. People clapped their hands as an appreciation.

"I guess it's time for the most awaited performer of this day right?" The emcee announced, that made the crowd goes wild. As well as my heart went wild with the nervousness that I feel. "I'm pleased to introduce to you, the vice president of the music club. And the singer who melts your hearts, Kyan Zachary Kaviss!" The emcee added.

I walk up on the stage and try to smile and wave to the people who came. I stood up in front of the mic stand so I could speak. "Uh, hi." I greeted. Hearing the people scream and cheer for you overwhelms me so much, I couldn't even think straight. "I just wanted to thank you for attending this event. It means a lot to me. My heart goes to all of you. I love you all." I said then smiled.

"The songs that I'll be singing today is dedicated to all of you who came." I again smiled and mouthed 'thank you' hoping that everyone could see it. I close my eyes and started strumming my guitar.

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

If I had a highway, I would run for the hills
If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still
But you're giving me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

I bow down to pray
I try to make the worst seem better
Lord, show me the way
To cut through all his worn out leather
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay

As I sang the song, I was thinking about her and if I still have a remaining reason to fight for whatever feelings that I have for her. I might be mad because she already excluded me in her life and yet, she acts like she cares.

Baby I'm bleedin', bleedin'
Stay
Can't you give me what I'm needin', needin'
Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith
But baby, I just need one good one
Good one, good one, good one, good one, good one

When I bow down to pray
I try to make the worst seem better
Lord, show me the way
To cut through all his worn out leather
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one, good one
Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one
Baby, I just need one good one to stay

As I finished the song, I heard the crowd clap their hands and shout their cheers for me. I'm still overwhelmed from the support I've been receiving from them. This is not something I expected.

"Thank you. The next song is Turning Tables by Adele. In my own little spin, hope you'll all enjoy it." I smiled again and started strumming my guitar playing Adele's song, giving it an acoustic and Kyan vibe of singing.

Close enough to start a war
All that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for
All that I say, you always say more
I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't ask you, you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables

This is what the other side of my heart wants. I want to just let it go and forget that she was once the reason why I fight for my life. I am here now, alive. I should be finding other reasons to live. I still have the good things in my life.

I have my family. I have Danielle and Kael. And finally, that girl who believed in me.

Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior
When the thunder calls to me
Next time I'll be braver, I'll be my own savior
Standing on my own two feet

I closed my eyes as I sang the last parts of the song. Feeling confused of what I should do, cause my heart is in chaos right now.

I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no
I won't ask you, you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables

Claps and cheers are again what I've heard after the song. I'm happy that these people appreciate my music. My soul. I just hope I've been touching people's hearts with my performance too. Cause an artist wouldn't like any other thing than to touch hearts with their craft.

I performed the remaining songs that I've got and enjoyed my set as it lasts. This is an extraordinary experience for me. Cause I know when this day ends, I'll be going back to reality. I'll be going back to being lost and not knowing what to do.

But at the end of the day, as long as I have people believing in me. Then I think I can get through.

Since life is moving forward, I should too right?