Six

Kyan

It's been weeks since I started tutoring Kai and she copes up easily. We're down on our last week of tutorials next week. I've been aloof with her, only having a conversation if it's about school or if needed. I don't want to cause any more trouble with her. If she doesn't want me in her life then I'd gladly stay away. No questions asked.

I was asked by our org president to invite students for the Music Festival that will be held at the school grounds in end of this month. I announced the event in each and every room of every department of the school has. Now, down to the last one.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." I greeted the professor assigned in that class. "Yes, mister? What's your agenda here?" She asked.

I looked at her and smiled. "I just want to announce about our org's upcoming event ma'am. If you don't mind." I explained then she nodded as an agreement.

"Hi, I'm Kyan Zachary Kaviss of the Music Club. I just want to invite you to join the Music Festival at the end of this month. It will be at the school grounds. Thank you!" I said, looking around the room when my eyes stopped at her. I immediately looked away then smiled at the professor. "That's all ma'am."

The professor nodded, as I was about to go out one of her students shouted. "Wait! You brought a guitar with you. Aren't you supposed to perform for us, to convince us to go?"

I turn around to face them again. I smiled at the girl who shouted and look at their professor for permission. She just smiled and nodded, that made me walk inside the room again.

"Just one song, alright?" I said then they cheered. I smiled at them and started strumming my guitar.

Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in

Lie down with me
And hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest
Your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes
But they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget
I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows
So hold me in your arms

Oh no
My heart's against your chest
Your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes
But they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget
I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

So kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

I smiled as I was finishing my song. Memories flowing through my mind. As she was watching me, I want her to feel my longing for 2 years. I want to show her how I feel through this song. I heard the class applaud as I finished the song.

"Are you going to perform on the Music Fest, Kyan?" One of the students asked. I looked at her and then smiled. "Yes, I'll be performing on that day."

The students again cheered, mostly the girls. "We'll be participating, then." Another student said. I smiled and turned to the professor. "Thank you, ma'am. I'll be going now."

"Thanks guys! I'll be expecting all of you this Music Festival." I added, then walked out the classroom.

The work got me so exhausted that I decided to go at the Student Council Office to rest. As I was napping, I felt someone nudge me at the back that made me look back. To my surprise again, it was her.

"Do you need anything?" I asked a bit confused why she's here. She smiled at me then said, "Uhm, tutorials?"

Oh, I remember. We have tutorials today. "I'm not feeling so well today, can we skip?"

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. But she put the back of her hand on my forehead to check. I saw her forehead creased. "You're freaking sick."

"I'm okay, this is nothing." I replied not minding her reaction. She seemed mad, for what reason? I don't know. "Doesn't seem like nothing." She hissed and grabs my arm to drag me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I cussed. Feeling annoyed of her sudden care about me.

She just continued dragging me, not paying attention to what I said. "I'm taking you to the clinic."

I didn't have time to argue so I let her drag me anywhere she wants. As we arrive at the school clinic she talked to the nurse to assist me. They gave me a medicine and let me lay down the bed to rest.

"You can leave me here." I said, looking at her still sitting at the chair at the side of the clinic bed.

She just stared blankly at me then she rolled her eyes. "No, I'm not leaving. I'll be here until you feel better."

As I hear those words I felt a pain in my heart. How can she say those words? She didn't want me in her life right? What's the matter now? Why is she being like this? This is so fucking frustrating. Knowing the woman you love doesn't want you to be in her life, but showing that she cares. I feel crap.

I gently closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Sleep, Kyan. And wish that you don't have to deal with all of this when you wake up.