Nine

Kyan

After the music festival, I felt drained that I think I was a walking zombie all throughout the week. I didn't expect it to be so grand that after that event, many of my schoolmates are now noticing my existence in this entire school.

And since I'm an absolute anti-social, I'll just smile awkwardly and tell them my gratitude for their support.

As the class ends, I'm rushing to the cafeteria for I still have to tutor Kai. Feeling really exhausted I went out of the room and accidentally bump onto someone. She fell down the ground because of the impact.

That woke me up in my tiredness. I rushed to the girl and kneeled to offer help. "Uh, I'm sorry. It was an accident." I explained looking really worried.

"No worries. I'm just really clumsy." She said and then laughed.

That voice, line and laugh rings a bell to me. I looked at her closely, trying to remember who she is.

"Don't look at me like that, it's creepy."

I felt a sudden blood rush on my face. "I'm sorry. But have we seen each other, before?" I asked.

She chuckled. "Yes, we've met before. But I won't tell you where." She said sticking out her tongue like a kid. And that made me laugh so hard. I never encountered a college student like her ever in my life; just now that it fascinates me.

I helped her pick her things up, and offered my hand for her to stand up. "Sorry that I laughed, I just think you're adorable." I said smiling.

"Everyone thinks that." She pouts. I wanted to laugh badly, but I tried to resist as much as I could.

As I was about to speak, when someone shouted my name and it was Danielle. "There you are, Kyan! Oh God, I've been looking for you." She said trying to take a breather then she looks at the girl who I was talking to and then back at me.

"So you got a new girl now? Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed, jumping at me for a hug.

I laughed at what my girl bestfriend just said. "Really, Dani?" I said as I looked back to the girl I bump into, "Sorry she's a creep sometimes."

"It's okay, I can deal with that." She joked then burst out laughing. "Just kidding! But it's totally cool. No worries." She smiled. That smile that could brighten anyone's day because it shines.

I heard Danielle shrieked on excitement. "Oh my gosh, I like you! Do you want to join us for lunch? We're just going to the cafeteria. I'm Danielle, by the way. But you can call me Dani." My bestfriend said with a smile in her face, inviting her and introducing herself at the same time.

"Nice to meet you, Danielle! Well, Dani rather." She said in a very lively tone. "And sure! I'd love to join you guys, I'm Ingrid Jennyse. But I insist you to call me Jen or Jenny." She said introducing herself too.

Her name sounds familiar to me. But I never knew this girl in front, how can that ever happen? It's weird. But she has a very nice name. I like it.

"Shall we go?" I asked. Both of them smiled, I motioned my hand for them to lead the way and they started walking.

Danielle talks to Jen like they've been best of friends for a long time. It's weird. We just met her, but the thought made me smile that Jen seems to be enjoying our company. Danielle isn't nice to everyone but she is to this girl. And it amazes me.

As we arrived at our usual spot at the cafeteria, Kai and Kael were already there. I looked at Kai and smiled at little to her then gave Kael a tap on his back before sitting beside him.

"So who is this new girl in front of me?" Kael asked with curiosity in his eyes as he looked at me and Danielle. I just shrugged that made Dani rolled her eyes as that means I passed the explanation to her.

"Well," she started. "She's Kyan girl. And this bestfriend of ours, is keeping it a secret so I invited her to have lunch with us. Isn't that great?" Danielle said giving me a wicked grin.

I facepalmed when I heard her say those things. I can't believe this girl. "Stop it, D. Let's just get this done with." I said as I looked at Kai. "You're almost done coping up, Kai. We can end this meetings soon. You ready to study?" I asked.

She didn't answer and as I looked at her I saw sadness in her eyes. But I didn't mind it, all I wanted is for this torture to end. I can't keep myself staying with her at any place anymore. This is me wanting to move forward. And that's why I've decided to stop my delusions and accept that she won't remember me at any cost.

"I'm sorry, Kyan. But something came up, I need to go." She said as she fixed her stuff and walks away in a hurry.

I was dumbfounded. Not knowing why she was acting that way. "Oh, someone just got jealous. I guess." It was Kael who spoke. As I looked at him, he just gave me a smirk. Shaking his head.

"She doesn't even remember Kyan, how come she's jealous?" It was Danielle's turn to speak, making an argument with Kael. I didn't hear the rest of their quarrel for what caught me was what Jen said.

"If the mind doesn't remember someone, the heart does. That's always how it is, right Kyan?" She said as she gave me a heartwarming smile.

And that made my heart skip a beat.

What the hell is happening?