A Break -Chapter One

Start from the beginning

He pressed his face into his pillow to muffle the horrid sound, laying there for awhile, crying into a pillow brings out a side of him he rather bury in a pillow somewhere. He struggled to control his breathing, as hysteria enveloped him. Once in, once out, twice in, twice out... He coughed into his already damp pillow. Shakily, he shifted into a sitting position, stifling the howl of pain, as his body throbbed in protest. His bones felt like great weights he had to carry, as he crawled out onto the carpeted floor.

The immaculate floor greeted him invitingly, welcoming him to become the only piece of trash littering the floor. The self-sustaining tornado swirled mind-numbingly fast, his dirty socks waving proudly like old-glory on a flag post. He chuckled lightly, regarding the comfy floor, his eyes began to slip closed, thankfully not shooting open again. His ribcage rose and fell evenly, as he fell into what was an ironically easy sleep.

..........

Papyrus decided he wouldn't wake sans up today. He'd walked into something weird and out of character last night and it troubled him.

Papyrus worked as a busboy in a classy Italian restaurant in town. It wasn't much but it was a start, he hoped to be a chef there in the near future. His manager had noticed how hard he was working and rewarded him with a special recipe from the menu. He got home eager to try it out and ended up spending hours on it. It was four in the morning before he knew it! Luckily he didn't have work the next day.

On his way to his room, he heard a small groan coming from behind sans' door. Concerned he opened the door a crack and popped his head in. Sans was on the floor, his head against his bed frame. Staring up at the ceiling with big empty eye-sockets. Just. Sitting. There. A little rattled, Papyrus shut the door softly and retreated back to his own room. He wouldn't wake Sans up today.

..........

Sans woke up to black, black everywhere. He wandered around a bit. there was nothing here. Wherever "here" was. It was strangely familiar. Had he been here before? The blackness kept on going, and he had a flash of an old memory. But it was gone as soon as it came.

"Hey pansy!" He jumped when he heard a small voice from behind. Whipping around to locate the source. He was unpleasantly-not-surprised to see Frisk a few yards off, a smile lighting her face.

"Oh," Sans said simply.

"That's right! It's me!" she said her smile widening. Sans was unimpressed. "Why so quiet? Aren't you happy to see me again?" Frisk said with a hurt voice.

"Why're you h-here? Don't you have anything better to do?" He asked, any hostility in the word choice lost in his tired tone.

"What could be better than seeing you silly?" Frisk said brightly. She moved to sit beside him. He didn't object but also shifted into a sitting position against the not-floor of the abyss.

"You've been so compliant lately! You're no fun anymore!" Frisk whined. Sans was too used to her attitude to be surprised.

"I wanted to see you squirm again, I wanted to hear you scream! I wanted there to be tears streaming down your sad, sad face because I killed everyone you ever loved!" She exclaimed a slight sparkle in her eyes.

There was a silence and then she spoke up again "But after so many timelines you've stopped being emotional, you even stopped showing up to our battle..." She said a little hurt.

"Didn't you have fun while we fought?" She asked. "It was my favorite part of the entire adventure," she said sweetly, the genuine smile, coupled with her sad puppy dog look made Sans grimace.