Chapter 31

There was a pain in my neck from the position I hung as I opened my eyes. It took me a moment to realize where I was, but then it all came back to me. And I felt sick. I was standing in the middle of the warehouse, my hands tied above my head to one of the pipes on the ceiling. My feet were tied together at the ankles and my hoodie had been taken off of me.

But, when I lifted my head was when the fear really hit me. Standing straight across from me was Harry. His hair was a mess and there was blood on his forehead. He was tied in the same position as I was with his feet free. When his eyes met mine, I saw the sadness and worry in them.

"Harry. What are you doing? You're not supposed to be here." I said frantically.

His expression stayed the same. "Neither are you."

I hung my head, realizing my mistake. How could I have been so stupid to think that Jonathan would actually leave Harry out of it? If I knew anything it should've been that Jonathan never keeps his promises.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled quietly, but knowing Harry heard it. "I thought i was doing the right thing."

He said nothing, but when I looked up, his eyes were still set on me. There was no hint of anger at me like I expected. Only sadness, love, and a small hint of hope.

I watched as he turned his head, looking for any sign of someone around to hear him. When he noticed no one was around, he attempted to lean his head closer. "I'm going to get you out of here, princess. But I need you to listen to everything I tell you to do. He may be smart but I know his tricks. Don't argue with him or fight him. Don't even talk to him unless I tell you too. I need you to keep your eyes on me. You need to look as least scared as possible, okay?"

I hesitated before nodding.

Harry took a breath. "I need you to trust me, Alyssa."

"I do."

Just then we heard the doors to the warehouse slam open and Jonathan walked in followed by Julian. My body tenses up at their presence and I glanced back at Harry. He gave me a look as if to say "remember what I said".

"Looks like the happy couple is up." Jonathan said, coming to stand beside us.

I saw Julian behind him, staring at me like I was a piece of meat.

"So, Alyssa. How did it feel to wake up and see your lovely Harry in front of you?" Jonathan asked circling around me.

I looked up at Harry, seeing him staring back at me. His face had become very serious and angry the second they walked in. His silence was my sign not to say anything. So, I hung my head back down and avoided Jonathan's eye contact.

"Oh, playing the silent treatment, are we now?" Jonathan said. He stood behind me with his mouth near my ear and his breath giving me the worst kind of goosebumps possible.

I stayed quiet again.

"Hm, maybe we can get Julian to get something out of you."

Julian's head snapped up and his eyes narrowed in on me, making me feel disgusted and violated. I felt my breath hitch as he slowly stepped closer to me, a smile creeping on his face.

I remembered Harry's words again and my brown eyes met his green. He was taking dramatic deep breathes, silently instructing me to do the same as Julian came closer.

I felt myself stand up a little straighter and my breaths come deeper as another hot breathe fanned across my face. My body only tensed a slight bit when I felt something cool and sharp touch the base of my neck.