Chapter 21

"So, how are you and your psycho?" Hannah asked smiling as she tossed me a bottle of water.

I glared at her, a slight smile tugging at my mouth.

"Sorry, I'm kidding. I'm probably always going to be scared as shit of him though." She shrugged nonchalantly, still smiling. "He's terrifying."

"He's not that bad."

Her eyebrow arched as she looked at me, baffled. "He could knock someone out with one solid punch, Alyssa."

I shrugged, knowing it was true. Hannah had grown to like Harry a little better. She'd made it clear that she in no way trusted him, but she could deal with him when she had too.

"Looks like he's calling now." She said wiggling her eyebrows and tossing my phone over to me.

I rolled my eyes as I caught the small devise and held it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, love. You're still at Hannah's right?" His deep voice came through the receiver along with the sound of other cars on the road.

"Yep, right where you dropped me off." I said obviously. With Harry's overprotective nature, I wasn't able to go anywhere without him knowing. It wasn't being over controlling like most people thought, he was just worried about me. Although it got annoying at times, I knew why he was doing it, and I was doing my best to try and understand.

"Great, I'll pick you up in ten minutes, I want to take you somewhere."I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke.

"Okay. But where exactly are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise."

"I don't know how I feel about you surprising me."

"I'm insulted. Can't a guy take his girlfriend out somewhere like in a normal relationship?"

"Since when was our relationship normal?" I couldn't help the smile that was tugging at my lips. Our relationship was anything but normal.

"Point taken."

"I'll see you in a little bit."

"See you, baby."

"You know," Hannah plopped down on the couch next to me. "If he keeps stealing you from me I'm going to have a serious problem with him."

I laughed at her as I heard the familiar creak of the front door opening.

"Hey Sam!" We yelled at the tall boy walking into the living room.

Sam was Hannah's older brother who was also like my brother. I had grown up with him, having known him since I was twelve. Being nineteen, he had grown up a lot and as much as I hated to say it, he was undeniably attractive. Having similar traits as Hannah, he had dark blonde hair and naturally tanned skin that stayed dark all year round.

"Lyss! Long time no see." He cheered, falling down beside me and slinging an arm around my shoulder. "And looking as beautiful as ever."

"Eww." Hannah said getting up to walk to the kitchen and calling out behind her. "Just because you haven't seen her in a while doesn't mean you can hit on her. Shes practically still your sister."

He chuckled lightly. "I know. I know, I'm just playing. You're hideous, Alyssa."

My jaw dropped as I pretended to be offended. "And you're an egotistical jerk who is probably too stupid to know what that word even means."

He shook is head, muttering, "That's it," before taking me by surprise and pinning me in a head lock, making me laugh loudly.

"Say, 'Sam is a god and the smartest guy I know.'"