{Epilogue}

A calloused hand rubbed soothing circles on my back, holding me close to their warm body. I yawned and peeled my eyes open, finding warm hazel eyes searching my own.

That was when everything came crashing back to me; how I had called an ambulance and Benji had lost consciousness only to be put on life-support--which he hadn't wanted. Now, we were in the ICU, the intensive care unit where patients were admitted for life-threatening reasons.

The place where most people didn't make it out alive.

I bolted straight up, placing my hands on either sides of Benji's cheeks as I whispered, "You're awake."

One side of his mouth tipped up in smile as his hand wrapped around my hip. "I've been awake. Did you really think I would leave you?"

By now, tears were streaming down my face as I said, "But you said you only had a few months-"

Transferring his hand from my hip to my chin, he pulled my face down to his mouth and brushed his lips over mine. "I love you, Drew," his husky voice said against my mouth, "No amount of time can tear us apart."

Closing the distance, he pressed a kiss to my mouth. I wondered when the oxygen mask had been removed and if the doctors were aware he had regained consciousness. Dr. Stein had said there was only a ten percent chance he'd live, yet here he was, sharing a kiss with me.

Just because the hourglass was broken didn't mean that time stopped altogether, and it certainly didn't mean that Benji's time would be put to an end as a result.

He brought his hand to my face, deepening the kiss. I gasped, allowing his tongue to delve in my mouth. I kissed him back with just as much passion until we were both breathing heavily and broke apart.

"Marry me, Drew."

"What?" I choked on his sudden declaration.

Sliding a hand in the pocket of his pants, he slid out a small jewelry box with a sad smile. "I was going to pop the question yesterday, but then we got into an argument and ended up here."

My heart pounded in my chest as even more tears flooded my cheeks. "Benji..." I whispered.

"I can't exactly kneel, so...this is going to have to do."

With that, he peeled back the top of the box, permitting the diamond ring to shine in the sunlight streaming in from the window. His earring twinkled in a competition to see which could sparkle the brightest.

"Drew, will you marry me?"

I didn't have to think twice. Yes, I was young, but my love for Benji was incomparable to the amount of time we had spent together. We also didn't have much time.

"Yes," I nodded, slipping my finger through the ring. "Of course, I will."

The two of us decided to have the wedding after I went to college so I could focus on my studies. For the next seven years, I went away for college to ultimately become a physical therapist. I'd gone on a full scholarship and wouldn't have to pay the university a single cent.

During those seven years, I'd visit Benji over winter and summer break, and call him pretty much everyday. I was nervous to call him each day, fearing there would be a day when he wouldn't pick up the phone, but that never happened.

Defying all odds, Benji had undergone a few surgeries and persevered through the ten percent chance he had to live. We'd gone to the wedding of Sabrina and Carlos the summer before my first semester of college. Just two years later, Sabrina had a little boy by the name of Leo Rodriguez with my permission.

Both the father of the child and the uncle had been the best of friends with my brother. I was honored that Sabrina and Carlos had wanted to name their child after my courageous brother.

Benji and I got married after I finished college. Carlos had walked me down the aisle and Sabrina had been my maid of honor. Little Leo had been the ring bearer.

I worked diligently as a physical therapist. Benji visited three times a week for about a year. It was no secret that my coworkers heavily doubted he would ever walk again. Half of his body was paralyzed, but that didn't stop him.

I hadn't worked so hard in college to not be successful. Never giving up hope, I eventually helped Benji walk on his own two feet. It had been a very emotional moment. Every coworker, including myself had tears in our eyes as Benji staggered across the floor along with a single crutch as an aid.

He continued to build up his strength until one day he requested, "So coach, how about teaching me how to dance again, remember?"

That would be our next milestone. We didn't have to rush things.

Especially since I was pregnant with twins.

**********

THE END

**********

Wow! That is the end of this book (for real this time). Thank you all so much for reading it and for all of your support. I really appreciate your votes and comments. What have you all thought about this story? As always, please let me know by leaving a vote and a comment! :)