44.

"I love it way better when you call me with the nickname."
"Nope. I'll call you Shawn. No one can hear us here anymore."
"I can."
"No, Shawn."
"Repeat that again."
"Shawn?"
He aggressively walks towards me, "Why are you so numb?"
"What?"
"N-Nothing." He stutters for the first time.
"Wait, did you just stutter?!"
"No."
"You did!" I laughed.
"I didn't!"
"You did stutter Shawn!"
"Fine, okay. I did stutter love cake. I just can't.. you look so.." he bites his lips as he looks at mine.
"What?"
"N-Nothing."
"Oh my god! Are you for real?!" I said laughing.
He scoffs, "You'll be stuttering soon. The final laugh is mine."
"Whatever Shawn," I said with a giggle.
"Should we start?"
"I can do it. It's not that hard, I'll just throw the laundry in the machine and voila! Done already."
"You sure? Or.. can I just sweep the floor then?"
~
We started cleaning. He sweeps while I do the laundry, he seems to cherish every moment. We switch works, he mops the floor, I wipe the windows.
He removes the dusts while I hang the clothes.
~
We finished as early as 3.
I was just planning to do the laundry today but when he came to do the sweeping, I think we did the whole house.
~
He stands in front of me, dripping in sweat but I swear to god, he still smells so good.
I could even smell his worn out clothes.
His body's bulging through his wet shirt, I didn't know he's well built.
He lifts his shirt a little as he tries to dry the sweat, but that would cost him pneumonia.
"Hey, don't do that. Wait here, I'll get you something to wear."
"Okay love cake."
~
I went to my mom's old things, I see dad's stocked shirt. It's not that good but it's still okay to wear and still looks new.
As I got out of my mom's bedroom, I think I just swallowed my tongue. I didn't know what to say with what I saw.