36.

36.
-
I got to the open field where the stalls and booths will be standing and where the event will take place. Every picked representatives are there, busy building and decorating.
I've seen 20 students doing a busy work.
Brushing, hammering, doing their outlines and helping those who needs a hand.
I look around to find Lani, since she's the one who's been assigned to be the president of the said event to come.
~
"ERA!" Someone poked my waist, making me jump off my feet with a light squeak.
It was another blessing sent, I turned around, only to see Mire and Rom.
"Oh my god! What are you guys doing here?"
"We got picked too. DUH!" Mire says and laughs afterwards.
"Really!? Oh my god, thank you!" I pull them and brought them closer to give them a hug.
"Whoa, what's with you?" Rom asks.
"Nothing. I'm just happy you guys are here, but.. why didn't you tell me you guys got picked too?!"
"We were about to." Mire says.
Rom nods, "Yep. We were about to go to your class but we saw your boyfriend just took you in and he's like, 'Hey ladies. My girlfriend just got picked to handle a booth.' I don't know but he looks proud."
"Yeah, and we told him that we got picked too and about to tell you but he said no, 'cause he thinks it would be better if it'll be like a 'surprise.'"
"You're one lucky girl, wish my future boyfriend is like yours." Rom says.
"Hey guys!" Lani came out of nowhere.
"Hey." We said to her.
"How's your stalls and booths?"
"We're doing okay. Era here just arrived and I think she needs her materials." Mire said.
"Oh, right. Follow me Era."
~
My best friends tapped my shoulder as they watch me walk away to follow Lani.
~
We got standing into a room, filled with woods, brushes, paints and many more school provided materials.
Lani came inside to grab a wood, I came in to help her and it was pretty heavy.
"Wait—is Haelly here already?" I ask.
"I haven't seen her around here yet."
"Oh."
~
I pulled the end of the wood out of the room, I feel like my arm's getting ripped off from the heaviness.
"Gosh, I should've called those boys to help you with these."
"I-I can take it." I said.
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Hey love cake." Shawn suddenly grabs the other end, smiling.