Part 5-Clash

Jax look straightly at the woman infront of her. Ramdam niyang kanina pa nito sinusundan ang bawat galaw niya. Instead of avoiding his eyes like some would do, the woman even raise one eyebrow as if challenging him. This woman has guts, still arrogant like the first time he saw her.

"Hi." he greeted. "We haven't properly introduced."

"Forgive my manners.." Mr. Bendivel said. "Meet my one and only daughter—Blessie Gayle Bendivel."

He is expecting her to say 'Hi' at least, but nothing came. She just stared at her, watching his reaction. Some kind of manners.

"I'm Jax." He said instead, not leaving her eyes. Two can play this staring game. He offers his hand for a handshake. "Nice meeting you, Blessie.."

"Blaze.." she said correcting him. Pero hindi man lamang ito gumalaw upang tanggapin ang kamay niya.

"Blessie.." he insisted. He preferred that name and he won't give in with a brat. Hindi niya pa din binawi ang kamay niya.

"Blaze.." the girl even crossed her arms as if showing her that she can't be moved.

Nakita niyang kinakalabit na ito ng ama nito ngunit bale wala lamang dito iyon. He even saw her parents looked apologetically to his parents.

"Blessie.." This time he said her name on a firm tone.

The woman just gave her an annoying grin. "B-L-A-Z-E. Blaze. Say it." She looks down on his hand. "Or mangagawit ka."

"I prefer Blessie."

"I prefer Blaze."

He heard his father called his name at a very low voice. Pinapatigil na siya nito, he can feel the awkwardness in the air. He can be stubborn too, especially if he is right. This woman has no manners.

"Kung ganon mangawit ka dyan." Blaze is starting to feel irritated. Why can just this man give up? She knew that she's being stubborn and childish but she will stand her ground. Papakita niya dito na hindi siya nito kakayanin.

She smiled triumphantly when she saw him retreating his hand.

"Nangawit ka na?" naramdaman niya ang pagsiko sa kanya ng nanay niya, pero wala siyang pakialam. This man should learn that not everyone can be as obedient as he wanted it to be.

He just give her a smile as an answer which puzzles her. Kaya naman nagulat siya ng hilahin nito ang kanang kamay niya. She managed to step one foot forward para hindi siya masubsob sa katawan ng lalaki dahil sa lakas ng paghila nito.

"Jax!" hindi na niya alam kung sino sa mga magulang nila ang nagsabi niyon pero wala siyang pakialam.

"What the-- ?" she looked at him murderously. Inis na hinila niya ang kamay niya ngunit sinundan pa iyon ng isang kamay ng lalaki. Now her right hand is imprisoned to his much bigger palms.

Jax looks at her parents. "I'm sorry for being rude but I just need to say this." then he looked at her again. "Shake hands is just a simple manners.."

"Wala akong pakialam!" she said with her teeth gritting.

"And you should let other people finish before you butt in." he said. He lifted their connected hands.. "I'm hoping na sa susunod na magkita tayo, you will accept my hand gladly",

She again tried to free her hand but she failed. Mahigpit ang hawak nito sa kanya. "Not everyone is as openminded like me, iisipin nilang ayaw mo sa kanila kapag hindi mo tinanggap ang pakikipagkamay nila.."

"And what if ayoko nga sa kanila?" inis na tanong niya.

"Tanggapin mo pa din."

She let out a sarcastic laugh. "Hindi ako plastik"

"Hindi dahil sa plastik ka." tanggi nito. "I'm saying that you should respect them. As you want to be respected." He shake their connected hands. "Nice meeting you.." then he let go her hand."