Part 3-First Sight

Jax's secretary greeted him a "Good morning" and he ignored it. His morning isn't good at all. His father wanted him to meet a business partner slash highschool friend. Hindi masama ang loob niya na nautusan siya, it's just that he knew his father well. The last time he required him to meet a business partner, he ended up with a woman on his bed. It turned out that the business partner was a spoiled brat socialite who wanted him. He thinks modern about casual and pre-marital sex, ang ayaw lamang niya ay iyong babae ang kusang lumalapit sa lalaki. Though his friends might think differently, he still wants his woman to be just submissive and let him control everything. Be it on sex or in business. After three times of sleeping with her (he can't even remember the name), he called it quits and luckily the girl agreed with him.

His father swore that this time it is pure 'out of goodwill' act. Pinapaabot lang nito sa kanya ang tatlong bote ng wine na produkto mismo ng kanilang kompanya. Telling him that this friend wants to invest. Hopefully, dahil nasira ang mga plano niya ngayong maghapon para lamang sa simpleng utos na iyon. Kailangan na naman niya ng panibagong plano.

The breakfast prepared by their maids were all delicious but Blaze seems to have lost her appetite. She is sitting across her mother and his father on their middle. Her mother has her ipad on the table, scrolling it using his index finger. His father on the other hand is holding a huge newspaper covering his face.

"Anong klaseng almusal 'to?" maingay na hiniwa niya ang hotdog sa kanyang pinggan at pabagsak na inilapag ang kutsilyo sa pinggan na lumikha ng ingay. At least, she finally caught their attention. "Oops, sorry for interrupting you.." but her voice is far from being apologetic.

Her father folded the newspaper while her mother turned off the Ipad.

"Kamusta ang pakiramdam mo?" That was her dad. His soft tone might have worked on her if she was still a kid. Pero hindi na siya nadadaan sa ganoong pamamaraan.

She just shrugged her shoulders and reached for a glass of milk.

Her father sighed. "Alam naming na marami kaming pagkukulang sa iyo.."

Pinagpatuloy lamang niya ang pagkain. Gusto niyang iparating dito na wala na siyang pakialam sa kung ano mang tingin ng mga ito sa kanya. It was too late for this kind of conversation when her life is already ruined.

"But you see Blessie-"

"Blaze. It's Blaze." She corrected.

"Blessie." Her father continued, ignoring her. "Sa amin ka galit, you shouldn't have ruined your life. You can ignore us, curse us, call us names but-"

"Stop." She said in a low but firm voice. She heard her mother soft sobs. Na tila ba ayaw iparinig sa kanya.

"But...but your life, your future-it is important to us. Yes, we are deeply hurt for what have you been doing at kasalanan din namin na nagkulang kami sa paalala.. but, but..." kusang napahinto ang ama niya sa pagsasalita. And when she thought that it's all done, her mother decided to join the preaching..

"Hinayaan ka naming magbisyo, alak, cigarettes... because we think that's just normal.."

"I. Said. Stop." Emphasizing every word.

"But drugs? Do you think Bless, that's out of line?"

She rolled her eyes, push her plate and stand. "Thanks for the breakfast."

"NO!"

Napahinto siya. Did her father just scold at her? Really?

Padabog siyang umupo at humalukipkip. "You want to talk?" she asked in bitch way. "Alright, let's do this. So, where do you want to start?"