17 | winter & solace

Start from the beginning

Mother did end up scolding Ben and send him up to his room as she consoled me. She even bought me ice cream. Ben and I ended up forgetting this and quarrelling over some other insignificant matter soon.

However, come to think of it now, Ben was right.

It was probably eight. At least the days of the sun seem to pour into the room as if it were eight. I fidgeted in the bed, slightly turning to the right.

It was then, that it hit me. I wasn't back at home. I was in Taehyung's bed in Taehyung's bedroom in Taehyung's hotel room. If that was not messed up, I do not know what is.

I panicked. Julia must have messaged me or called me so many times. She could have called the police for the entire world to care.

I sat up on the bed and looked straight at the wall. Of all the things I could have possibly done, I had to end up here. Not that it was a bad thing, but only because it was going to complicate everything a lot more than required.

I couldn't afford to have strings attached when I'm so puzzled.

I got up and walked outside. I was still in my yesternight's clothes and I was glad weirdly. I walked into the washroom before walking out of the room, to freshen up and look partially presentable.

I walked back into the room and searched for my bag. It turned out that someone had properly kept my bag on the table near to the bed. I searched for my phone and turns out that I was right.

I had nearly ten missed calls from Julia, two from Chen and one from Xavier.

I looked into the messages first and my breath hitched. It felt like it was the Xavier that I knew back again.

Julia called me and asked if I did something to you. I'm sorry for everything. Tell me if you're alright. Please.

I smiled slightly and texted him back quickly.

I'm alright. No worries, alright?

I messaged Julia and Chen immediately after that. Julia replied instantly and typed in uppercase to signal how mad she was at me. I closed my phone after telling her that I'd explain everything as soon as I reach back home.

I walked out of Taehyung's room only to walk into the hall and the kitchenette therefore. Jimin was up early and he was cooking and whatever he was cooking smelled nice. Taehyung was sleeping on the couch and I wondered if he was uncomfortable.

"Oh, I didn't see you there," Jimin muttered as he turned to grab another plate.

I walked closer and stood next to him. I laughed and replied, "Ah, I was totally going for that concept. The invisibility one."

Jimin laughed sincerely and then offering me the spatula, he asked, "Do you want to help?"

Jimin was making Baked Cheddar and Potatoes for breakfast and he had already finished chopping the potatoes. I nodded and took hold of the spatula. I moved closer to the stove. Jimin instructed, "Liv, cook and stir the potatoes till they almost turn golden brown, okay?"

I nodded and proceeded to do the same. Jimin went ahead and continued to finely chop the parsleys and every other herb he wanted in his cooking.

"Taehyung's still asleep, eh?" I chuckled and slightly turned to look at him. Taehyung moved in the couch to make himself comfortable. I smiled as I looked at him. Taehyung looked angelic.