eight

|CHAPTER EIGHT|REBOUNDS

|CHAPTER EIGHT|
REBOUNDS

"Don't sweat it, Harrington"

The cold, sharp water came out of the shower head, drenching Steve as he spread shampoo through his hair. Billy's voice rang over the noise of the water, causing Steve to roll his eyes.

"Todays just not your day, man"

"Yeah. Not your week" Tommy laughed, "you and the princess break up for one day and she's already running off with the freaks brother!"

Several laughs from other boys in the locker rooms rang as Steve furrowed his eye brows. So that was why Armani needed a ride yesterday.

"Oh shit, you didn't know" Tommy spoke above the water. "Jonathan and the princess skipped yesterday. Still haven't shown. But that must just be a coincidence, right?" He laughed, making it hard for Steve to keep his mouth shut.

"Don't sweat it man" Billy leaned towards Steve. "A pretty boy like you has got nothin' to worry about. Plenty of bitches in the sea."

Steve tried his best to ignore the boy, but found it close to impossible as he kept speaking.

"You've got that Armani girl pretty hooked. I'm sure she's a fun time. Maybe once or twice." The blonde boy reached over, turning off Steves water, "She won't let me, but I guess I'll have to try harder." he clapped his back.
"Am I right?" Billy walked off, leaving Steve with soap still in his hair as he watched the boy walk off.

Steve hit the water switch on again, glad that the cold water cooled down his frustration.

                                 "He ran off with Nancy"
Armani placed a tape into Sage's car, the peeled label read 'The Police.'

"So your freaky almost-step brother skips school with Steve Harringtons apparent ex, and no one stops to think that there's anything weird going on?" Sage leaned over the steering wheel.

"Well, the most that could be happening is that Nancy needs his support" Armani said, remembering Steve and Nancy's argument.

"She wants a rebound," Sage stated before turning a mischievous smile towards Armani and poking her side. "Since Harrington already found one" a laugh emitted from the tan girls lips before Armani shook her head.

"I'm not a rebound, all he did was help me get home from that party and take me home yesterday" the girl sighed.

"Hey, listen. In all seriousness, if he tries to make a move on you. Don't let him" Sage looked ahead at the road before continuing her advice. "He's just running to you because Nancy got that stick out of her butt."

Armani furrowed her brows, but before she could protest Sage went on. "Now, I don't want you to get hurt. I know you're going to deny having any feelings towards Steve, but I can tell. I'm your best friend! Hell, I can even tell he's definitely going to make a move soon."

The silence in the car was only saved by the music that played. Armani couldn't keep her mouth closed.

"That's not what's happening" she muttered, lifting her leg up to tie her converse again. "Why does everyone just assume that"

"Hold on, who else has said that?" Sage turned to Armani as she parked the car in front of her house.

"My dad. He thought we were dating."

Sage chuckled, "talk about embarrassing." She sighed. "Speaking of embarrassing, Billy Hargrove said something about my ass in Biology. Which isn't a problem but then he started talking about you" Sage hesitated to tell Armani, who turned to face her friend with her nose crinkled.

"What did he say?"

"about like your mom, stupid stuff like that. I told him to stop, but he just kept going.."

Armani shook her head, her face grew red with embarrassment. "I'll kill him. I swear, he has no idea who he's messing with" she fumed.

Sage held her hands up in protest, "no, no no. Don't say anything to him! Armani, he's totally not someone you want to mess with."

Armani rolled her eyes, "yeah okay. Only because you said so, Sage." She nodded. "I've got to go, see you soon?" Armani turned and gave Sage a hug.

She left the car and went inside, where she would spend most of the rest of the day alone.

✧ ✧ ✧
( note! )

surprise update !!!! It's a short filler chapter but I really want to get the next chapter out because it's really where the story starts to get interesting (to me at least lol)