Chapter 13: Unexpected

Jacobs POV

Waking up on the hard floor, cold misted atmosphere and a snoring friend at your side was something I was not really used to. I lay there thinking of the fun we had last night. I wondered what we would be doing today, maybe dad and Sam had something planned for us. I led my mind drift into the presence of Ella. I thought about this Saturday. I wanted to propose to her then. I had a great idea for the scenery but I need something really romantic to say. Something from the heart, something that shows my true feelings for her and proving it by showing her with my words and in my eyes and smile.

Suddenly I was distracted from my thought by a loud sneeze. It made me jump out of my skin. I looked over to Conner who was sat upright with a huge freaked out facial expression. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I was laughing so hard that my stomach started to ache. Conner was getting aggravated and irritated. I calmed myself down and listened to what he has to say.  

"What is so funny?" he demanded. I smiled and reassured him.  

"Conner, it's just that you shot up from a huge sneeze and then you facial expressions gave me hysterics. I'm sorry." I gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Come on, we better get ready as we are up already, then we can start the fire back up." I gave him a friendly smile and went to my case to pick out my clothes.

I got dressed quickly and headed out of the tent in search for fire wood. Conner joined me minutes later and we carried logs to out camp site. After we had enough for the fire we started it and then went back into the forest to pick up some more wood that we would save for later.  

I boiled some water and made us all some coffee. Conner and I sat on the tree stumps giving our dads the fold away seats. Once we had all had our coffee and a little something to eat we started our daily activity. Today we were going to try fishing.

Ella's POV

I woke up and laid on my back. The sky was not. Right but a deep blue as the sun tried to make its way through the clouds to show another day is upon us.  

I had nothing planned for me and Sophie and so when we were both awake we had breakfast and then played on my laptop while sitting on my bed in my room.

We stayed in our pajamas and then when Sophie left she drove home in them. I made me chuckle slightly at the thought of driving in my pajamas. Then I thought to myself. I am going to try that one day.  

An hour went by and I was getting bored. Leah was at school, mum and dad were at work, I just spent the last 16 hours with Sophie and my Jake was out camping. And so I made the decision that I would go for a drive in my pajamas.  

I drove down my road and just along to where mine and Jakes lake was. I stopped the car at the end of the path and hopped out. I walked in the forest trying to find my way to our lake but realized that I hadn't got a clue where I was going. Jake lead the way before and I was to lost in his eyes that I didn't pay much attention to where we were going.

I stopped in my tracks and stood there. I opened up my secnces. Suddenly the was a rusel near a tree. I studdied the trees. Nothing. If it were an animal I would have seen it run away or see it coming towards me. I turned around slowly to scan my surroundings. Silence. Out of nowhere there was a loud thud. Like a tree falling from a 100 foot drop. I span around so fast I nearly fell over.

He stood there. Black leather jacket that covered his upper body with long baggy jeans that clung to him by a chunky brown belt. He too far away for my to see his faces feachers. It was a blurred shape but I made out that he held what seemed like a knife in his hand. I stepped back and looked over my shoulder. I could just make out the front of my car. The man was a good 50 feet away from me.