Chapter 6: Bowling Time

Chapter 5: Bowling Time

Ellas POV

I woke up and picked out my clothes to go to the bathroom to wash my hair. I got myself dressed into jeans, a navy t-shirt with my white jacket and converse trainers. Then I dryer of my hair and straightened it. I did my make up and went to my room to put my stuff down.

I went to Leah's room to see if she was awake. She was just waking up as I knocked on her door. "Morning Leah. Are you ready to kick our parents but at bowling." she chuckled wiping her eyes.

"Yeah I sure am" She got out of bed and went over to her wardrobe pulling out jeans a navy top and a white jacket with converse. We were going to look like twins. She had a shower washed her hair then I helped dry then straighten it. I gave her a little make up. I knew how she loved me playing Barbie on her.

We went down stairs and ate breakfast. Also making two coffees for mum and dad who were down ten minutes later. "So where are we playing bowling" Leah asked excitedly as she was finishing off her piece of toast.

"We have reservations for a few games at 'Strike a bowl' for 11" dad announced before sipping his coffee. It was only 9:45 so I helped Leah with her math homework that she was given over the holidays. I loved math when I was at school and got two As and an A* in my GCSEs and then and A in my A-level. I was one of my favorite subjects along with Art, English and PE. It didn't take us long to finish her homework and were done in half an hour. I gave Jake a quick text.

Hi Jake, I will be bowling with my family today. Me and Leah against our parents. It should be interesting. Hope you have a great day at work and I'll see you tomorrow. Love you loads, El xx

It was finally time to go. Me and Leah went in my car and Mum and Dad went in dads car. We got their first an found our lane. Mum and Dad found us as we were just putting on our shoes. We all got ready and put in our names to the lane keyboard. And it was on. "Your going down Mum and Dad!" Leah told them confidently. I laughed at her and gave her a high five. "You ready big sis?"

"Bring it on" I tormented. Our parents we happy to see us so into the game.

We were doing so well. It was on our second game and we were beefing them. Obviously we won the first round and were on our way to winning the second. When dad all of a sudden got three strikes in a row on his tenth shot bringing his score up by 50 points. He was beating Leah but not me just yet but I would still need to keep an eye out. It was mums and my go. I got yet another strike that was my fifth one this game when I found mum also getting one. I bowled again and only knocking down three pins. I kept getting distracted. Mum got another strike hosting up her points. She was 4 away from me when I bowled my final bowl it stupidly went down the gutter and mum knocked down eight pins bringing her score to 192 leaving mine at 156. In total we had both won a game. Dad came up with an idea then "Okay best two out of three. And the losers have to give the winners money to buy ice-cream and they have to go back home and get nothing." He spoke eagerly.

The next round was hard but me and Leah pulled it out the bag and won ourselves some ice-cream. Dad gave us the money and I drove us to 'Millie's ice-cream' Leah had a strawberry sizzler with sprinkles and I had a banoffee blast with vanilla fudge pieces. We ate at a small glass table enjoying our deserts when Leah suddenly put her head down directly facing her ice-cream. I giggled slightly. And looked up to see a tall cute boy ordering something. He wore jeans and a white top with a black casual suit jacket. His hair was longer than my Jakes but not stupidly long, cute long and it had been straightened.

"Who's that?" I whispered to Leah. She didn't look up but answered soft and quietly.

"That's Liam. You know the one that I tell you about. I have a major crush on him!" she said turning a shade of pink. I nugged her making her look up. "Don't keep your head down. That way he won't notice you. Talk to me about something and pretend he isn't there. He is more likely to notice you then. Trust me" Then I smiled at her. We talked for a little while about bowling.

I saw that Liam had turned around and was coming this way. I didn't let Leah know or she will freak out so I carried on our convosation. He seemed to notice us and started walking to our table. "Hey, um Leah right?" he said nervously. Leah turned her head to see Liam standing infront of her.

"Umm yeah, that's right. Hi"

I ate more of my ice-cream but listened to their convosation.

"You look really pretty today. Did you do something new to your hair?" Liam asked politely as he complimented her. Leah's hair was usually curly but I straightened it for her so I did look different and made her look very grown up yet still just as pretty.

"Thanks Liam. I decided to straighten it to see what it looked like"

"Well I think it's lovely..." then he hesitated. I could guess what was coming next. "Do you think that you would like to go out sometime?" he asked and shuffled his feet. I could tell that he was nervous.

"I would love too. Um I am free on Friday" Leah offered.

"Sounds good. I'll pick you up at say 8:00" he smiled then and Leah returned it.

"I'll see you then" Leah said and Liam walked away and waved as he left the shop. Leah waited until he had left the shop for good to turn to me and let out a light squeal. I smiled showing her a look saying 'I told you so' but in a nice big sister way.

When we got home Leah went up mum to tell her all about Liam. I went over to dad to warn him to be nice when she told him the news and not to be so over protective. She groand but understood and did as I told him. I called Jake when I got to my room to tell him all about the bowling and then how Leah had found herself a date for Friday.

I said goodnight to Jacob and said that I couldn't wait until I saw him tomorrow. I got myself dressed into my pjs and went downstairs to say goodnight. It wasn't late but I wanted a good night sleep as I had work tomorrow and a big birthday lunch with Jake.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Please comment, fan, vote. Please tell me what you think I would love to know. ;) xx