"Yeah sure. I would love that. If you don't mind I would like to spend a little more time with my pal if you know what I mean." I look at Damian blowing him a kiss trying to play along.

"Of course! I'll see you later." she winks and walks away. I close the door and jog over to my phone that's on the couch.

"We have to get out of here," I say putting my phone on the coffee table and looking for my heels

"Why?" Damian ask opening a bottle of champagne

"Don't you see. She's working with the Irish." I walk back to my phone smashing it with my heel.

"Verona, Che cazzo?"

"If she tracked my phone with the app she could have hacked into it. I don't know! You just need to hurry the fuck up and get ready call private plane to get your brother back to Italy. We still need to get those papers so you're going to have to stay with me." I put my heels on and walk into Angelo's room.

"Sorry tesoro but we have to leave." I grab Angelo's shirt and throw it to him.

"What's going on?" he sits up slowly putting on his shirt

"Nina. The Russians. That's how they found you they must have tracked you. It makes fucking sense." I mumble hurriedly grabbing anything that was Angelo's and giving it to him.

"Hey." Angelo tries to get my attention but I ignore.

"Ver!" He yells and I snap. "Will you calmly tell me what's going on?"

I take a deep breath. "Nina. She's working with the Irish."

"how do you know?"

"Before we were going out last night. She said he was coming from Japan to talk to her. Their men must have followed you and told the Irish. And just a couple of minutes ago she came to my door telling me she tracked my phone."

"We don't know that for sure," Damian steps in "You look like hell, fratello"

"Is the plane ready?" I ask putting my hands on my hips asking Damian

He smirks "Women." he tells his brother

I smile walking to him a kneeing him in the groin, Damian falls to his knees.

"Men." I chuckle, walking out of the room.

***

"Be careful," Angelo says standing in front of me not knowing if to give me a hug.

I scoff smiling and pull him into a hug. "Take care," I whisper

He smiles as a bodyguard helps him on the plane. Damian and I watch Angelo board the plane.

"Well, I have a date with Ms. Solkovo. Make sure you don't get into any trouble." I glare at him

"Me? Trouble? Mai!" he says sarcastically, He walks with me to the car. He opens the door knowing he wants to tell me something.

I sigh rolling my eyes and face him. "What Damian?"

He smirks "I did enjoy last night."

"Good for you Damian." I fake smile and get in the car as he closes the door. He steps away and I drive.

***

I had told Nina that Angelo's fiance had an emergency and that's why he left. And my father sent Damian because he wanted me protected. I played it cool with Nina but it hurt knowing she was against me we had grown very close over the years she was a sister to me. The day of the ball came and I had planned to get ready with Nina in her room.

As I am walking to her room I hear yelling. I quickly hide in a guest room I believe. With the door cracked open.

"You know this isn't fun and games Nina" an older man yelled at her, which may be her father. Through the cracked door, I could see that he is holding Nina's arm very tight making her wince in pain.

She mumbles something in Russian looking down to the floor. He lets her go and walks away not saying a word. I wait a couple of minutes and go knock on Nina's door.

"Zakhodi." She says. I enter the room and see her wipe her eyes. She turns to me smiling and hugs me. I hug her back tightly for a few seconds.

"You won't believe what I got you! I hope you like it!" She Squeals

"You didn't have to get me anything, Nina." I sit on her bed. She walks toward her closet and brings out this beautiful white off the shoulder dress.

"For you!"

"Oh my god, it's beautiful." I stay stunned and give her another hug.

As I pull away from the hug I notice her face had bruises under her make up.

"Nina, what happened?" I ask touching her face softly

She quickly turns away "Nothing just a bit bruised,"

"Will you tell me what's going on?"

She falls to the ground sobbing, I go down on the floor and let her cry on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, V" she whispers

"Why are you sorry?" I ask

" I told the Irish where Angelo was. I'm sorry." She continues crying.

After she had calmed down we sat on her bed and we hold hands.

"Will you tell me from the beginning?" I ask

"When my father knew I was friends with you, He told me to invite you to the ball because you are basically the heir to the Italian Mafia. When you came I told my father that Angelo was coming with you. That's the night he sent the Irish to kill Angelo. He knew the Irish were looking for the Italian. I'm sorry. He would beat me if I didn't do what he asked, even if I'd get one thing wrong."

"Cara, Don't be sorry. This isn't your fault."

"It is V, I wish I didn't come home. I think about running away. I never asked for this kind of life and I know I'm supposed to be this strong confident woman but I'm not."

"What if you came with me?" I look up at her smiling

"What?" she asks confused

"Listen, I have to steal some important paper from your father. If you help me tonight, I'll take you back to Italia and you can live a happy life."

She looks up at me her eyes sparkling. "Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Yes, Nina anything for you. Now let's get ready cause we got a long night ahead."

------

Sorry, its a short chapter and late. Oops!I've had writer's block which sucks but I'm back! Thanks for 400 reads wow